Votes: 53 70.7%
  • err..... congratulations....?

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • God help you

Votes: 16 21.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
1 She doesn't want a pet, she wants a baby
2 She doesn't want a threesome, she just wants to hear your answer
3 Everything, ever, is your fault
4 You can now swap your going out time for another hobby that doesn't involve women, like golf

GM

Legendary Member
....and remember, her bum NEVER looks big!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
4 pages in and nobody has told you to start buying yourself bikes? You need to get spending now, it may already be too late as the money may get earmarked for a wedding.

Oh, congratulations by the way, it should be the best day of your life.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I got married a long time ago when i though i was on my way out...sadly i got better and she's still here...:banghead:

Congratulations:okay:
seriously tho, dont be selfish and always finish second..treat her to things she will enjoy..
do that and you will be able to do your stuff and have a ok life...:okay:

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
1932-ctf838-3-600.jpg

subaqua

What’s the point
Most of the above is good advice. Carry a dictaphone at all times so when she doesn't listen and says you said X you can prove you didn't say it.

As for the domestic stuff . Make sure she does the stuff as good as you can. Mine can't and it drives me bonkers.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Ignore all the advice you're given - especially the advice about how men and women are different and the advice that implies you shouldn't trust each other. Make your own way in the world in love, mutual respect and friendship. You are two unique individuals, and its your individual uniqueness that has attracted you to each other, not the boring things that you each share with millions of others.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Met the fabulous Lady Skol as we both turned 17 and have been together ever since. Married in 2001and I am now 43 with two children age 10 & 13 so I guess I qualify for giving 'advice'.
My advice would be to ignore most advice. Most of it is people telling you what they would do, and look where that has got them. 2nd & 3rd marriages, resentment and selfishness!
You WILL have to compromise but don't be a pushover. Be completely honest, even if you have been an absolute idiot, you have to be able to trust each other.
Marry for the right reasons. Don't marry to avoid being alone or because she is forcing you or because it is expected. Marry the person you wan't to spend the rest of your life with.
Do things the way that works for you as a couple. Some of the previous advice has made me want to slap the posters. Seperate bank accounts, hidden money, extra-marital relationships, all signs of a bad relationship doomed to fail. Have your individual earnings paid into different accounts if that works for you but there is no reason they can't be in joint names if you are marrying the right person.
Most importantly, be friends.

I hope you are both very happy and wish you good luck :okay:

EDIT: I type too much/too slowly, beaten to it by @srw

Bimble

Bimbling along ...
Trust and honesty are the foundations of a good long-term relationship, sprinkled with some compromise, brief separation (doing things outside of your relationship - different hobbies, interests, one night out a week with pals, etc.), acceptance of each other's faults, and an understanding that the "at it like bunny rabbits" early years passion will grow into something deeper (so don't worry if you'd rather snuggle-up for a cuddle than jump off the top of the wardrobe for the 7th time that week!). ^_^

Top Bottom