Gower Evening Ride.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

Social ride on the gower, following last years howling success in every sense of the word :biggrin: .Penciled in 6.00pm at gowerton cross roads, but doesn t have to be.

TC s got her thinking cap on for another magical mystery tour, emphasis is on fun on this one. No one will be left behind. Unless we cant get you out of the pub ! Graham :whistle:

Last year saw all manor of beasts on show ( and their bikes :laugh: ) So if you want to come and see the sunset over the gower. Come and join us, you wont forget it in a hurry lol.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Looking forward to it. Last years was a very scenic and enjoyable ride followed by a couple of pints ion a friendly pub garden.

Anyone thinking of joining in dont be put off by not knowing anyone .A friendly bunch of people and a social type ride.

Taffcycles

Social ride on the gower, following last years howling success in every sense of the word :biggrin: .Penciled in 6.00pm at gowerton cross roads, but doesn t have to be.

TC s got her thinking cap on for another magical mystery tour, emphasis is on fun on this one. No one will be left behind. Unless we cant get you out of the pub ! Graham :whistle:

Last year saw all manor of beasts on show ( and their bikes :laugh: ) So if you want to come and see the sunset over the gower. Come and join us, you wont forget it in a hurry lol.

Hi Lukesdad, Ive opened my eyes and found the thread, count me in for the ride, I'll be there..

Jormes

Regular
Hi John. Not in stone yet. Was thinking a loop or figure of 8 round the Gower, with a pub stop. Probably 30 miles max, all on tarmac. There'll be some hills, and the pace will be leisurely.

Hey Claud,

haven't been on here for a while so just seen this. I'd be keen to give this a try......if the physio signs me off for it! At the moment I'm to build gradually up to ten minutes of cycling. Better than the one mile was allowed to do last week! With these kind of distances my heart might give out before my knee does... :wacko: Anyhow, if he gives me the all clear, count me in......................and I've just remembered I'm back in Essex for a wedding so ignore all of that. Ok, old age is getting to me

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Hey Claud,

haven't been on here for a while so just seen this. I'd be keen to give this a try......if the physio signs me off for it! At the moment I'm to build gradually up to ten minutes of cycling. Better than the one mile was allowed to do last week! With these kind of distances my heart might give out before my knee does... :wacko: Anyhow, if he gives me the all clear, count me in......................and I've just remembered I'm back in Essex for a wedding so ignore all of that. Ok, old age is getting to me

Bugger. We'll arrange another Gower bimble as soon as you're around and have the all-clear. Mind you, thirty-ish miles would have been a bit in-at-the-deep-end with the knee at this stage, and although it won't be a fast ride, I'm toying with throwing in a character-building climb or two.

With regards to the 1st July, I just saw Ade (515) on the way to work, and he's in. If it's a nice evening I think more than one pub stop could be in order. There seem to be quite a few South Wales newbies on the forum - perhaps we should PM them in case they haven't spotted this thread?

OP
OP
lukesdad

lukesdad

Bugger. We'll arrange another Gower bimble as soon as you're around and have the all-clear. Mind you, thirty-ish miles would have been a bit in-at-the-deep-end with the knee at this stage, and although it won't be a fast ride, I'm toying with throwing in a character-building climb or two.

With regards to the 1st July, I just saw Ade (515) on the way to work, and he's in. If it's a nice evening I think more than one pub stop could be in order. There seem to be quite a few South Wales newbies on the forum - perhaps we should PM them in case they haven't spotted this thread?

erm good idea TC I have a few names not sure they are all still active members though it needs updating.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
erm good idea TC I have a few names not sure they are all still active members though it needs updating.

Yep I'm thinking Jowwy, atyl1972, majestic, kevs-the-name, Darren, Rochenko, welshdragon, Beethoven, courtenay, novo19, photography27, Bay Runner. Who have I forgotten?

OP
OP
lukesdad

lukesdad

Yep I'm thinking Jowwy, atyl1972, majestic, kevs-the-name, Darren, Rochenko, welshdragon, Beethoven, courtenay, novo19, photography27, Bay Runner. Who have I forgotten?

I have captain Hastings Dragon runner Meirion 658 jacklad Plax Countrefeitkelly tpw Gavin J and Flamez

Taffcycles

Gowertastic! I'll have a look at the BHF route and make sure I don't duplicate it exactly. I reckon we'll have more pub stops than they do...

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif