Gower Evening Ride.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
lukesdad

lukesdad

What a lovely way to spend a friday evening. Thank you TC and the Lads very enjoyable. I would think its stamped on the calender now for an annual event.

Afternoon.

Not a bad way to spend a Friday evening. Build up enough of a sweat in order to have a recuprative pint (or two in some cases! TC must have hollow legs?) every 12.5miles or so. And we could've stopped at another pub between these as well if some of us hadn't said it was only FOUR miles since the last one!

Was great meeting up with the gang again after all this time. Would definately put this one in your diary if you are in the area at the time.

I think Cae Mansel climb is best left out of the next ride though....................

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Afternoon.

Not a bad way to spend a Friday evening. Build up enough of a sweat in order to have a recuprative pint (or two in some cases! TC must have hollow legs?) every 12.5miles or so. And we could've stopped at another pub between these as well if some of us hadn't said it was only FOUR miles since the last one!

Was great meeting up with the gang again after all this time. Would definately put this one in your diary if you are in the area at the time.

I think Cae Mansel climb is best left out of the next ride though....................

Right you are. Over the top via Waunarlwydd Road next time, then. ;) I'd usually go up Cefn Stylle, but I had a thought that we might descend that way on the return. This Minimum Distance Between Boozers Rule is a new one on me - thank God it's never very far to anywhere on Gower.

Nice to see you all again, and to meet Nick and Paul. I have the obligatory snap from the pub, which I'll post when at a PC...

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Have to say I quite enjoyed the climbs, until Paul and I got stuck behind a van and a tractor having a mexican standoff in the narrow lane,neither would back up and nothing could get by ,

once that was sorted eventually no problems. The long straight descent (no idea where we were)was good fun. May try and camp near the start/ finish next year if it works out.

Taffcycles

I am so sorry that I missed this ride with you all, just could not get back in time, so gutted but next time
sad.gif

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Pub stop pics!

Britannia1.jpg
Clockwise round the table from left (as Larders is messing up the "left-to-right" labelling system): Nick/Fairweather; Andy/Larders; Tall Paul; Graham/Banjo; Claud; Adrian/515mm; Mark/lukesdad; Jan/Dr Evil

Brittania2.jpg
A nice woman in the pub noticed that I was making a horlicks of the auto-timer and offered to take a snap of us.

Britannia3.jpg
The boozer overlooks the Loughor Estuary - it would be rude not to stop there to admire the view...

Pub stop pics!

[attachment=4189:Britannia1.jpg]
Clockwise round the table from left (as Larders is messing up the "left-to-right" labelling system): Nick/Fairweather; Andy/Larders; Tall Paul; Graham/Banjo; Claud; Adrian/515mm; Mark/lukesdad; Jan/Dr Evil

[attachment=4190:Brittania2.jpg]
A nice woman in the pub noticed that I was making a horlicks of the auto-timer and offered to take a snap of us.

[attachment=4191:Britannia3.jpg]
The boozer overlooks the Loughor Estuary - it would be rude not to stop there to admire the view...

Sorry for the composition faux pas TC. I was losing the will to live whilst waiting for the timer to work! ;)

515mm

Belated thanks to TheClaud for showing us up around Gower last Friday evening. A top way to spend an evening and may it be entered into the calendar permanently.

Funny how the climbing proficiency drops off incrementally with each pint of ale...................

..........which is my excuse and I'm sticking to it. (I didn't mind Cae Mansell all that much - 1st time up it too....)

Top Bottom