I Feel A Fraud

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AyJay

Über Member
:bicycle:I registered on here a few weeks ago and declared my real passion was for mountain bikes. You could call me a born again biker having had a break from cycling for several years. I bought road tyres for my MTB and all seemed fine. I cycled the local lanes after being advised not to do any more serious mountain biking for medical reasons. I enjoyed the time and it improved my general heath greatly.

While on my travels all the other cyclists were on road bikes. I had tried these during my former life of cycling and never really got on with them. I went to my local bike shop this week with the intention of upgrading MTB with something similar. After viewing their display my eye was caught by a road bike:hyper: Not for me I thought. Good looking but drop bars? No way!

A couple of days later this bike was still in my thoughts. Yesterday I took it out for a ride. :bicycle:
What an amazing time, I loved it. Today I went back and bought it. Pick it up tomorrow. ^_^

Very much looking forward to a new style of riding. Just might have to change my avatar though!

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Great news. Another one sees the light :okay:

Enjoy

Venod

Eh up
Great news. Another one sees the light :okay:

I am always puzzled by the by the partisan ways of many cyclists ie the op was a dedicated MTB guy twentysix by twentyfive would appear to be a road guy, me I am just a cyclist I enjoy it all, there's nothing better than being on the road & taking a bridleway detour just because you can,

Levo-Lon

Guru
As above ..its about getting out and about..
i love tearing through the woods scaring myself on the full suser bike ,but there's something nice about nice quiet country lanes on a road bike.. i hate town cycling period.

nice to have the choice OP

OP
OP
AyJay

AyJay

Über Member
What did you get then?

One of these.........................
road bike.jpg

Almost 2 years old but very little use. All looks good. looking forward to tomorrow.

Top Bottom