I Feel A Fraud

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I seem to be the exception here just having one bike.
Your poor beloved! She/he must get a companion; don't your spokes ping in sadness?

I am a certified fraud... see the Sig lne!

One of the great things about cycling (and this forum) is the wide range and eclectic tastes

Imagine a wheeled machine (no matter how bizarre) and someone on here will be able to advise you

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Wait until you buy your first proper touring bike....

...or and* your first recumbent. Then you feel really dirty - but in a good way. ^_^

*I almost forgot the universal law of n+1 then.
It's OK. We all know what you meant.

burn-at-stake.jpg

But you're going to have to burn anyway... :evil:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I am always puzzled by the by the partisan ways of many cyclists ie the op was a dedicated MTB guy twentysix by twentyfive would appear to be a road guy, me I am just a cyclist I enjoy it all, there's nothing better than being on the road & taking a bridleway detour just because you can,
I am a road guy mostly but I have an MtB and do enjoy off road. I'm happy to be a cyclist. In the olden days we all had just one bike and did it all on that one. Nowadays we apparently have to have bikes for all occasions. I still go off road on my "road" bike. TBH most "off road" is doable on a "road" bike.

Venod

Eh up
I am a road guy mostly but I have an MtB and do enjoy off road. I'm happy to be a cyclist. In the olden days we all had just one bike and did it all on that one. Nowadays we apparently have to have bikes for all occasions. I still go off road on my "road" bike. TBH most "off road" is doable on a "road" bike.

My apologies I jumped to the wrong conclusion there. :blush:

tyred

Legendary Member
I seem to be the exception here just having one bike.

:stop:How is this possible.:wacko:

You need a road bike, a mountain bike, a light touring bike, a heavy duty touring bike, a shopping bike, a pub bike, a folding bike, a commuting bike, a few rod braked roadsters for countryside pootles, you need a fixed wheel, a freewheel, a derailleur multispeed freewheel, and hub gears just in the interests of science and comparing different gear systems. You need caliper brakes (single and dual pivot, rod brakes, canti brakes, back-pedal brakes also in the interests of science so you can see how all these things work and you need spares of all the above just incase you have a problem. ANd I'm sure there is something I've forgotten.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
:stop:How is this possible.:wacko:

You need a road bike, a mountain bike, a light touring bike, a heavy duty touring bike, a shopping bike, a pub bike, a folding bike, a commuting bike, a few rod braked roadsters for countryside pootles, you need a fixed wheel, a freewheel, a derailleur multispeed freewheel, and hub gears just in the interests of science and comparing different gear systems. You need caliper brakes (single and dual pivot, rod brakes, canti brakes, back-pedal brakes also in the interests of science so you can see how all these things work and you need spares of all the above just incase you have a problem. ANd I'm sure there is something I've forgotten.
Raleigh Chopper for nostalgia.

Top Bottom