I Feel A Fraud

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:stop:How is this possible.:wacko:

You need a road bike, a mountain bike, a light touring bike, a heavy duty touring bike, a shopping bike, a pub bike, a folding bike, a commuting bike, a few rod braked roadsters for countryside pootles, you need a fixed wheel, a freewheel, a derailleur multispeed freewheel, and hub gears just in the interests of science and comparing different gear systems. You need caliper brakes (single and dual pivot, rod brakes, canti brakes, back-pedal brakes also in the interests of science so you can see how all these things work and you need spares of all the above just incase you have a problem. ANd I'm sure there is something I've forgotten.
Dawes Super Galaxy! I got it and it seemed to be the choice for all occasions so the others went.

OP
OP
AyJay

AyJay

Über Member
A quick update..................still enjoying the road bike and now thinking of selling the mountain bike! Never thought I would say that but since turning "roadie" I have not ridden the MTB. Now for the avatar!

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
A quick update..................still enjoying the road bike and now thinking of selling the mountain bike! Never thought I would say that but since turning "roadie" I have not ridden the MTB. Now for the avatar!

Nooo! You need more bikes, not less! ;)

Seriously though, I bought a hybrid for its go anywhere ability, but I've got a road bike now and it feels so fast by comparison. Can't imagine not been able to go for a blast through the woods on the hybrid though...

OP
OP
AyJay

AyJay

Über Member
The country roads here are so quiet I just love being on a smooth surface and.we don't have many interesting off road areas here as many other parts of the country have.

I have ridden MTBs for several years and it is good to be doing another sector of cycling.

OP
OP
AyJay

AyJay

Über Member
Yup, I've gone and done it :dance: I've sold the MTB. I am now a 100% roadie :eek:

Using the road bike three or four times a week now and the distances are slowly increasing each time. Feeling a lot better for it and losing a bit of weight too. ^_^ Money from the sale will be used to upgrade components as and when necessary. :bicycle:

Dave the Smeghead

Über Member
I seem to be the exception here just having one bike.
Wash your mouth out with soap - blasphemer!
Obey the law of n+1 (or 2 or 3 or......).
Once my beloved little drains on my resources leave home it is going to be about n+++++++ however much space I have available for both bikes and guitars (and if I ever win the lottery it will be the same for Aston Martin sportscars and maybe the odd classic E Type Jag thrown in for good measure)

OP
OP
AyJay

AyJay

Über Member
Yup, I've gone and done it :dance: I've sold the MTB. I am now a 100% roadie :eek:

Using the road bike three or four times a week now and the distances are slowly increasing each time. Feeling a lot better for it and losing a bit of weight too. ^_^ Money from the sale will be used to upgrade components as and when necessary. :bicycle:

Well a couple of weeks on and feeling rather good :dance: Now doing 20 miles when I go out and feel I am cheating if I do less! Out three or four times a week. try to go a little further when I can find the time at weekends. Furthest trip is 28 miles. I generally average 14.5 mph. Not too bad I think for a 63 yr old. The other bonus is I have lost over a stone in weight. Only really started cycling again on medical advice. I did a lot of mountain bike racing in my 30's and 40's but nothing much since then.
The only trouble is it is becoming addictive once more. I promised my wife I would not get like I was before. Biking became a big part of my life back then and tended to take first place. I can feel the same thing happening again.:eek:
Does it have to be all or nothing? I need to find the happy medium. :bicycle:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Does it have to be all or nothing? I need to find the happy medium. :bicycle:

Wait until you get a touring bike. You disappear for weeks or months at a time.

Top Bottom