i have a coach

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Why shouldn't he delude himself if he wants?
Fair enough.:okay:
But don't try to take everyone else along with you.:wacko:

ayceejay

Guru
All we are saying Jamma, in our various ways is that you need to ride a lot more than you do if you can just take that on board you will improve - trust me.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They are basically telling you you'll need to do more miles. Your new coach will tell you also. You aren't doing much more than me, and I'm recovering from nearly a year off with a broken spine. And I've lost a huge amount of fitness. It's quite simple. You need to do many more miles and add in a structured training programme, which the coach will give you, but it will involve many more miles.

S-Express

There is one online training source that recommends 500 miles a week early season base miles phase. There is no way Jamma can go from 50 to 500 overnight but if Jamma is racing against people with this level of fitness there will be problems unless he ups his mileage.

Very few people in the UK amateur scene are knocking out 500 miles a week. Would love to know where it says that. Getting out of 4th cat should be possible on around 5 hours per week, providing your training mix is right.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Please do explain how i am deluded i have raced 4th cat placed 8th first race last the other race and from that i know what i need to do and have also got someone who knows all about racing to help me out.

You know that you need to put the miles in, but don't seem prepared to do them.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Alright i am now going to ask the @Moderators to lock this thread as its now turning into another bash jamma thread.
I doubt very much that you have what it takes to be a racer, if you are that thin skinned.:rolleyes:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Jamma . All respect to you for doing a few races and setting yourself a target to move up a category but you are never going to improve until you start putting the miles/hours in.

People arent having a go at you here they are just frustrated that you cant seem to accept the need to ride much more than you do.

S-Express

Here's the link http://www.cptips.com/trnoptn.htm
Sorry I misread the 500 miles thing I think he means in total rather than per week :B)
Incidentally I am not offering this up as the way to go I only meant it as contrast to Jamma's 50 but that doesn't work now anyway.

A 500 mile base certainly makes more sense, rather than 500 per week(!) I haven't read it all, but there seems to be some fairly sensible info in that link.

Top Bottom