If you could move anywhere in UK where would you move too?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
Sounds like care home might be suitable, have you looked into that?

Hanging around with smelly old people discussing their medication, bowels or rehearsing their nostalgia? Yea great what I was looking forward to as I struggled this far.

Gwylan

Veteran
Were you eavesdropping on my night out last Friday?

Going out with old mates.
Endless stream, in every sense, of porcelain study trips. Repeating things for those who cannot hear. And for those who have already forgotten the beginning of the story. Or were elsewhere earlier and missed the beginning
The, I can't drink that I'm allergic to such and such.
The sly drift into medication discussions.
Then the hardcore members who think they can handle a third pint. And now they want a chaser.
The stumbling race for the bus to avoid shelling out for a taxi

If I could live anywhere it would probably be in a remote village in Scotland or Wales - witha convenient Tesco - or similar
which is probably impossible as big supermarket companies like to have a sizeable population nearby so they can sell the stuff!

Anyway - would be happy to move back to Llandudno area - liked it there but had to move for work/partner(now wife) reasons
somewhere outside the main population area but within mobility scooter range of a supermarket so that I have a good chance of remaining independent for as long as possible - even when I can no longer drive or ride a bike!

Won't as I need to stay round here due to grand-kids and wife's family - but the question was just about me

Alex321

Veteran
If I could live anywhere it would probably be in a remote village in Scotland or Wales - witha convenient Tesco - or similar
which is probably impossible as big supermarket companies like to have a sizeable population nearby so they can sell the stuff!

I think the majority of places in mid-Wales now have at least one decent sized supermarket within 15 miles or so.

There are a lot more have sprung up in the last 15-20 years, very noticeable when I travel through Wales fairly often (We live in South Wales, and have relatives in mid Wales - Tregaron and Machynlleth areas, and in North Wales - Capel Curig).

november4

A 2nd home in rural area would be best, but quite happy where I am though, has the 4 things I need: scotland, sea, more sunshine than rain, and no one knows what a midge is

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I think the majority of places in mid-Wales now have at least one decent sized supermarket within 15 miles or so.

There are a lot more have sprung up in the last 15-20 years, very noticeable when I travel through Wales fairly often (We live in South Wales, and have relatives in mid Wales - Tregaron and Machynlleth areas, and in North Wales - Capel Curig).

My neck of the woods, near Mach

Top Bottom