I'm annoyed so ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
rich p said:
I thought it was quite funny! Offensive to who?

hookers I think.

PaulB

Legendary Member
rich p said:
I thought it was quite funny! Offensive to who?

That's your prerogative, just as it's mine to find it boorish and offensive. Why the lazy stereotyping of Liverpool? I notice you live in Brighton so it's presumably alright for you to be characterised in lazy shorthand as gay and a soft southerner I assume?

TVC

PaulB said:
That's your prerogative, just as it's mine to find it boorish and offensive. Why the lazy stereotyping of Liverpool? I notice you live in Brighton so it's presumably alright for you to be characterised in lazy shorthand as gay and a soft southerner I assume?

For the purposes of the joke the hooker could easily have worked on the Tyne, the Clyde or even the Manchester Ship Canal. I don't think the joke was aimed at scousers - If she'd nicked the pool, then of course the whole thing would certainly have been about Liverpool ;):biggrin:

PaulB

Legendary Member
The Velvet Curtain said:
For the purposes of the joke the hooker could easily have worked on the Tyne, the Clyde or even the Manchester Ship Canal. I don't think the joke was aimed at scousers - If she'd nicked the pool, then of course the whole thing would certainly have been about Liverpool ;):biggrin:

Oh nurse, my aching sides.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The city centre in Liverpool was evacuated this morning after the police were inundated with calls from the public about a suspicious device in a car. Police called in the bomb squad to investigate and the all clear was given after a few hours when the device was found to be a tax disc.

Liverpool council have erected welcome signs on the roads leading into the city. "Welcome to Liverpool - Honk if you smell of piss".

domtyler

Über Member
PaulB said:
Oh nurse, my aching sides.

Oh great, another stroppy Northerner. ;)

PaulB

Legendary Member
Smokin Joe said:
The city centre in Liverpool was evacuated this morning after the police were inundated with calls from the public about a suspicious device in a car. Police called in the bomb squad to investigate and the all clear was given after a few hours when the device was found to be a tax disc.

Liverpool council have erected welcome signs on the roads leading into the city. "Welcome to Liverpool - Honk if you smell of piss".

Tell me when to laugh. Tw@

PaulB

Legendary Member
Dayvo said:
Don't mind northerners or southerners or ANYONE, just not people without a sense of humour and a sack of spuds on their shoulder! :evil:

That's not humour. It's an insult masquerading as humour. If you can't see the difference, then you clearly haven't got a clue about objectification and victimisation.

PaulB

Legendary Member
domtyler said:
Oh great, another stroppy Northerner. :evil:

And we've had this regionalist crap from you, you no mark before as well. Replace the word "Scouser" or Liverpool with "Paki" or Nigerian and see if the joke retains its "humour".

Top Bottom