Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
to commute would pretty much be the same as my 83 miles on Saturday, so definately not a consideration!

You'd be challenging for the lead on MCL :laugh:

T

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Good things come to those who ride around Arran in mid-week, it seems! On the same day as young Louch I too have a new job, this time on the other side of the country!

I will need to work out where I'm going to live but more importantly I need to work out whether I need to update the Triban to a tank-like year-round commuting bike or just pretend to be a hipster on the singlespeed :smile:
:bravo: :wahhey: :thumbsup: :becool:
By that do you mean the capital (slightly superior) side ?

I think 'hipster' suits you to perfection ....

:giggle:

:rofl:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Just watch out, @Edwardoka, you might fall into bad company, with @eck and the likes 'up there' ;)

T

The guy who interviewed me said that there's quite a lot of cycling clubs around Dundee, the countryside looks practically like it's designed for excellent riding, and the city itself isn't a sprawling great mess like Glasgow (the main reason I don't go north very often is that I can't be bothered puggling through miles of concrete just to get a whiff of fresh air)

Plus there's always the thought of invading Fife just to wind up @Col5632 and @Fubar ... :thumbsup:

Going to chance my arm and ask if anyone wants to lend me a bike bag for my trip to mallorca on saturday. I've got a big cardboard box i can use if not. I just thought that if you don't ask you don't get!
Sorry that I ended up accidentally derailing your question... so yeah, does anyone have a bike bag they can lend @format?

format

Über Member
I believe that pedal power in west calder hire them for about 6 quid a day.

I'm absolutely broke - I can only afford this holiday cause I've been planning for it for a year or so - so I'm trying to do it on as low a budget as possible...

Like I said, I have a big cardboard bike box I can use if I need to. Just thought I'd see if any generous soul wants to lend me a proper bag first. No big deal!

Thanks Edwardoka :smile:

Col5632

Guru
The guy who interviewed me said that there's quite a lot of cycling clubs around Dundee, the countryside looks practically like it's designed for excellent riding, and the city itself isn't a sprawling great mess like Glasgow (the main reason I don't go north very often is that I can't be bothered puggling through miles of concrete just to get a whiff of fresh air)

Plus there's always the thought of invading Fife just to wind up @Col5632 and @Fubar ... :thumbsup:

Still a good trek from north east fife to us though ;)

Think we are safe :laugh::ohmy:

Coming down with a serious case of n+1 syndrome, I blame @Fubar planting the thought in my head by going into a bike shop for a tyre and walking out with a new bike on order...

I'm quite tempted by this :wub: (I kind of wish I hadn't sold my Genesis Flyer, which is what drew me to the maker initially.) Alternatively there is this, though I'm not too wowed by the group-set and not sure about the brakes either... I guess it's £300 cheaper for a reason! Purely speculation at the moment, but it's fun looking!

I may need to get a bigger flat to accommodate any more bikes though! :wacko:

Top Bottom