Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
He's lost 10 stone and I can't shift a stone. I think I'm doing this cycling wrong in some way :s

Weight loss on the bike is an odd one. In my experience, if you're completely sedentary, when you start cycling the weight will drop off, but if you already have some fitness along with excess weight, it seems a lot harder to shift the weight. (Seems rather counterintuitive because of the role muscle mass has in metabolism.)

When I first started cycling 10 years ago (from completely sedentary) I dropped from 16st to 11st over the course of about 6 months.
I subsequently re-discovered the joys of junk food and my weight slowly crept back up when I stopped cycling literally everywhere.

At my fitness peak last year I weighed 14st, I'm roughly 14.5 just now for reasons of lazy bastridness combined with comfort eating.
I'm going to be a lot more aggressive in my fitness regime once I'm settled on the east coast.

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Out of interest, how did that go?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
What ?? The SKY Ride Leaders course ?

It was quite good - and we got some free kit ! :thumbsup:

I wasn't able to be selected to lead a ride last year though - and there's a lack of funding for any more SKY rides, Local or Big - in Edinburgh this year ... so that's about that. :sad:

Top Bottom