Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edindave

Über Member
My new Gabba jersey is now my favourite thing in the whole world after this evening's ride, or should that be synchronised aquatic bicycling.

Col5632

Guru
Didn't last for very long yesterday though, hoping to commute tomorrow, combination of days off, new pets and now man flu have stopped me getting on it. Buidling a fence in the back garden for the new puppy we are getting a week on saturday too, bad times ::thumbsdown:

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Didn't last for very long yesterday though, hoping to commute tomorrow, combination of days off, new pets and now man flu have stopped me getting on it. Buidling a fence in the back garden for the new puppy we are getting a week on saturday too, bad times ::thumbsdown:
Dr Doolittle Cycling :smile:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Been having difficulties shifting the front derailleur on the Nazca, so decided that some maintenance :ohmy: was required.

Over the week-end, I did some adjusting and tweaking - with the result that it wouldn't shift at all :angry:/ :blush:/ :laugh:.

Had a look at various interweb guidance, then spent a very pleasant (you can guess the result ... ;)) couple of hours in the garage this arvo, replacing the gear cable and using a wonderful little oil pen I picked up at Aldi t'other week** to drop oil down the cable housing (the black thing it goes through !). Pushed the new cable through, connected it all up - and it works ! Actually, it seems to be shifting much smoother than I have had before - not too surprising as there were some slightly rusty/ dirty bits on the old cable when I removed it.

What I learnt :
  • my oil pen is a very useful addition to the domestic and bike toolbox and I'll keep my eyes out for another :thumbsup:
  • it would seem to be a good idea to get some lub into the cable housing :thumbsup:
  • it wasn't that difficult ! :wahhey:
Now for a test ride tomorrow ... (had to get the tea ready today :smile:)

Thus far - happy bunny ! :biggrin:

**purchased to use as a dropper for chain lub

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Looks like this summer's CC Ecosse rides might be my last, at least for a while.

My contract at Glasgow Uni is expiring :sad:, but following an interview yesterday I have just received a job offer^_^, so it looks very much like I'll be moving down to the Bristol area in August. I now have to decide what's most important: Finding a nice flat, or researching local cycle routes.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Looks like this summer's CC Ecosse rides might be my last, at least for a while.

My contract at Glasgow Uni is expiring :sad:, but following an interview yesterday I have just received a job offer^_^, so it looks very much like I'll be moving down to the Bristol area in August. I now have to decide what's most important: Finding a nice flat, or researching local cycle routes.

Find a nice local and some flat cycle routes ^_^

Col5632

Guru

You can't leave us, who is going to lead the way? :bicycle:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste

Now here's a dilemma:
- I want to 'Like' this post, because it contains news that Rasmus is heading for an N + 1 (albeit slightly indirectly**) :bicycle:
- I want to 'Not Like' this post because Rasmus is leaving CC Ecosse - and we'll miss him :cry:

Anyway, Rasmus, I'm very glad and pleased for you that you have secured a 'job', which should be paying you much nearer to what you are worth ! :laugh: ..... **which is the reason you must be heading for an N + 1 :wahhey:

Top Bottom