Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Looks stunning from my work in Livingston, the weather app on my phone says it's to get wet this afternoon, am struggling to believe that app when am looking out the window and all I can see is a big blue sky without a cloud in it

http://forecast.io never lies. Rain clouds the exact shape of Great Britain are apparently going to form this afternoon and refuse to move before they dissipate. Hmm.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I don't believe this afternoon will bring anything more than light showers
That's what the man from the met office said yesterday as I set off, in the dry, for my commute. 8 miles later I hit a hail storm and heavy rain. After 14 miles I squelched into work :angry:. It's been showering heavily at times in Greenock ('nuff said) this afternoon. It better dry up before 5 o'clock!

Brandane

Legendary Member
You aint gonna believe this, it has been a cracking day in Port Glasgow..
One slight shower around 3 ish...
What a difference 4 or 5 mls east.
My mate went out for a cycle from (dry) Greenock, and came back wet! He had been up "the port" and got caught in that very shower. Must have followed him back to Greenock :laugh:. The sun is out now, but just wait until 5 :rolleyes:.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
It's only fair that you define "cracking day", for the non local, in relation to Port Glasgow ;)
I work outside...( today was weedkiller application)
any day with only one shower is cracking for the Inverclyde area..
Mind you I use cracking if it only pours for 12 hours per day:thumbsup:
Port Glasgow has one, nay two good points and both leave the town one heading west and the other east:unsure:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
My mate went out for a cycle from (dry) Greenock, and came back wet! He had been up "the port" and got caught in that very shower. Must have followed him back to Greenock :laugh:. The sun is out now, but just wait until 5 :rolleyes:.
I checked the Met Office app for this area
and it was to be sunny intervals and then around 12 to 1ish rain showers....

Top Bottom