Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Looks like this summer's CC Ecosse rides might be my last, at least for a while.

My contract at Glasgow Uni is expiring :sad:, but following an interview yesterday I have just received a job offer^_^, so it looks very much like I'll be moving down to the Bristol area in August. I now have to decide what's most important: Finding a nice flat, or researching local cycle routes.
I'm not "liking" this because I am gonna miss you :cry:but good luck!
You will miss Scotland.

Col5632

Guru
I'll miss watching that dot :laugh:

Back on the :bicycle: today though :dance:

Brandane

Legendary Member
We could do a big "Goodbye and congratulations for your new job" ride, with all his favourite hills and cake stops.

I think I'd be saying goodbye to living taking on some of his fav hills.

I think I'll be saying my goodbyes at the bottom of the first hill, as usual :thumbsup:. Congratulations on the new job @Rasmus , and all the best with your relocation. It might be a bit drier and warmer down there!

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
They left me alone
Selling cake!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 42

Brandane

Legendary Member
Arran! My answer to every cycling question

Yeh.... Rasmus can do the figure of 8 route a couple of times; while I do Lamlash and back :thumbsup:.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. (I'm thinking possibly n+2-1, @Scoosh ^_^)

As you can possibly imagine, the next couple of months could well be rather busy, so I wouldn't want to commit to any sort of event on my account. I will do my best to join you all on Arran in a few weeks, of course, and hopefully there'll be a ride in July as well.

The new job is a field position, so there's every chance I'll find myself back in Scotland with some regularity in the future.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Looks like this summer's CC Ecosse rides might be my last, at least for a while.
My contract at Glasgow Uni is expiring :sad:, but following an interview yesterday I have just received a job offer^_^, so it looks very much like I'll be moving down to the Bristol area in August. I now have to decide what's most important: Finding a nice flat, or researching local cycle routes.

:sad: :cry:on you heading south and :wahhey::thumbsup: on falling on your feet and finding a new job!
All the best for the big move! And do come back every so often, we'll miss you...

45246-b064966d5bae6ca6397e962af7b3c9f8.jpg

Looks like the contents of @Telemark 's pannier on a CC Ecosse outing :hungry:.
:rolleyes: :stop: I don't do cupcakes xx(, and if I did, they would not take kindly to being put into panniers :laugh: ...

Arran! My answer to every cycling question
I thought the answer was 'cake'? ;)

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. (I'm thinking possibly n+2-1, @Scoosh ^_^)

As you can possibly imagine, the next couple of months could well be rather busy, so I wouldn't want to commit to any sort of event on my account. I will do my best to join you all on Arran in a few weeks, of course, and hopefully there'll be a ride in July as well.

The new job is a field position, so there's every chance I'll find myself back in Scotland with some regularity in the future.

n+2-1 ? You'll need to explain that one ... :hyper:

We definitely need a send-off ride ... what's in the CC Ecosse diary between Arran and @Fubar's island adventure?
Do you fancy a 'Rigg from both sides' outing? We'd have to start fairly early to get round...
Or there the infamous Crow Road donner that @mr messy was tentatively talking about?
Or the Bathgate Alps?
Or something else with hills in it?
@Rasmus - if you give us some hints on when might suit you and if you have any preferences, we can at least pencil something in and cross fingers that you can make it ...

T

Top Bottom