Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Looking at strava, I am second bottom in monthly miles in those I am following. Not surprised as I have been running, with cycling once a week on a rest day.

What is the surprise, is that it's @Rasmus that is bottom :ohmy:

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Am really needing some time of the bike, my body is starting to fall apart, last Sunday I woke up with a pain in my shoulder, it's worse the next morning if I've been a cycle, when am in bed I get shooting pain right down my spine, I think I have a trapped nerve in my shoulder, I tried to book a sports massage last night but they couldn't fit me in until next Friday ..on top of that my right knee has been giving me bother, it doesn't feel like it has the same power as it did before , I've also been suffering from friction burns on my bum... A week of the bike is what I need but I have the 3 pistes soon so I need to keep the miles up.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Am really needing some time of the bike, my body is starting to fall apart, last Sunday I woke up with a pain in my shoulder, it's worse the next morning if I've been a cycle, when am in bed I get shooting pain right down my spine, I think I have a trapped nerve in my shoulder, I tried to book a sports massage last night but they couldn't fit me in until next Friday ..on top of that my right knee has been giving me bother, it doesn't feel like it has the same power as it did before , I've also been suffering from friction burns on my bum... A week of the bike is what I need but I have the 3 pistes soon so I need to keep the miles up.
You need to come over to the Dark Side ... :thumbsup: .... for 4 main reasons:
  • comfort :smile:
  • comfort ^_^
  • comfort :biggrin:
  • and speed downhill :wahhey:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Visited a favourite place of @Louch 's today! Weather was ok (ish) as in dry, but the wind was a bit of a PITA at times. Obviously a bit of an assist in others! As soon as the ferry arrived back in Ardrossan we got hit with a massive downpour; just glad it waited until then as I was able to jump in the waiting train at Ardrossan Harbour, to take me home via a connection at Ardrossan South Beach.
I went anti-clockwise today for the first time ever, thinking it would help with the wind situation. Unfortunately it meant my legs were struggling by the time I hit the hills at the south end of the island, then I turned into the wind to head east and the struggle REALLY started.... http://www.strava.com/activities/143534854

Now to get stuck into the Jamaican curry that has been cooking away all day in the slow cooker while I was away. I think the thought of what was waiting at home got me up some of those hills :hungry:. How sad that it was only a curry!

Last edited:
I have a new strategy for catching up with you lot. I have accidentally shaved my head to make me more aerodynamic.

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
What is this wrong direction you speak of, ye who have never gone near the String road or round Arran in any other direction but clockwise? The Bogoullie is magnificent from the east.
Once you find something is right, you don't have to tweak it.yet to hear a happy anti clokwise tale, yet my 3 clockwise rides have been under sunny skies.

Top Bottom