Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone considered doing the Commonwealth Games route yet?
I wish they would do a closed-roads sportive on that route.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Is it a strava thingy yet?
Could be an @Rasmus going away gift of a team cc ecosse domestique-ing our glorious leader to kom round the route....eat your heart out Wiggo :tongue:

More like slowing him down, I would anyway :laugh:.
I suppose I could apply for the feed zone and practice throwing cakes at fast moving dots whooshing past :giggle:

T

How's things, @mr messy? :hello: Are you back on a bike yet, or at least getting better?

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Gorgeous morning for cycling (to work, unfortunately :rolleyes: - would have loved to carry on straight past, towards the Borders). Slightly amusingly, to me anyway, I had to slow down slightly a couple of times, so I didn't overtake roadie blokes unintentionally and accidentally wound male pride on my tank with panniers ... One of them was making heavy weather up one of the steeper hills, luckily I got to turn off onto my quiet diversion, and by the time I caught up with him again, he was turning off my route ... The other one also seemed completely unaware of me catching up without trying, this time my turn-off from his route came just in time, phew :giggle:.

T

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Last trai ing run tonight. Love dusk around here, Ochils look great in silhouette

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Lovely sun and tailwind last night - perfect conditions to reclaim one of "my" KOMs ^_^. Pretty pleased with 1st of 873, even if most of them are from PfS.

Bad news is my rear hub is acting funny, sometimes giving me a half to a full turn of the cranks before engaging. Funny noises coming from back there, too. Think I'll need the LBS to have a look.

Col5632

Guru
Lovely sun and tailwind last night - perfect conditions to reclaim one of "my" KOMs ^_^. Pretty pleased with 1st of 873, even if most of them are from PfS.

Bad news is my rear hub is acting funny, sometimes giving me a half to a full turn of the cranks before engaging. Funny noises coming from back there, too. Think I'll need the LBS to have a look.

My bike is making all kinds of noises too so LBS is looking at it on saturday too

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013

I had the problem with my rear hub, all the grease was out of mine when they took it apart, all the bearings also fell out when they tried to service it, I got my rear hub re built for about £15

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I had the problem with my rear hub, all the grease was out of mine when they took it apart, all the bearings also fell out when they tried to service it, I got my rear hub re built for about £15
Yeah, I'm guessing it's a similar type of job for me.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Get the rear wheels looked at, guys, mine split the axle ... at a set of traffic lights ... just after a downhill :eek:
It wasn't even making a noise :ohmy:
Congrats @Rasmus mighty KOM :thumbsup: Wish I could be your (Strava) queen :cry:;)

Top Bottom