Is it ok to have a cycling buddy from the opposite sex?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee_M

Guru
Tough one.

In my view there is no such thing as a platonic relationship between a woman and a single man

Any other combination is subject to vagaries and I do wonder if it's worth the hassle to argue otherwise whatever the combination

OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
It is a tough one, I wish you the best of luck, but we do only pass this way once, it would be a shame to have spent it with the wrong person.

Alan...
Bit soppy but...I've got the right person at home...but it's cool to meet new people and make new friends

defy-one

Tough one.

In my view there is no such thing as a platonic relationship between a woman and a single man

Any other combination is subject to vagaries and I do wonder if it's worth the hassle to argue otherwise whatever the combination

I tend to agree with this, there may be the odd platonic relationship, but if i was going to have a female cycling buddy, it would be because of some mutual attraction.

lulubel

Über Member
If my partner found herself a male or female cycling companion, I'd actually be glad. I worry about her when she's cycling on her own and it would be nice to know there's someone there to pick her up/call an ambulance if she rides into the back of a car or goes over the bars on a section of clear, open road (both of which she's done).

Occasionally, she gets talking to other people when she's cycling, and rides with them for a while, and tells me about it when she gets home. I do exactly the same, although probably more often than she does because I go mountain biking, and MTBers seem to be a more sociable lot than roadies. Neither of us has a problem with it.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I think it's a little sad that some folk haven't experienced platonic relationships yet. At least half my friends are gay men, so would that mean I can't have any friends at all, either male or female without someone assuming I want to put my penis inside them?

I really like my bike, it doesn't mean I want to rub my genitals on it. Mind you, maybe for a Cube Agree...

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
I don't think there's anything wrong with going for an innocent bike ride with a member of the opposite sex.

I'm available most weekends if anyone female is interested. :whistle:

Lee_M

Guru
I think it's a little sad that some folk haven't experienced platonic relationships yet. At least half my friends are gay men, so would that mean I can't have any friends at all, either male or female without someone assuming I want to put my penis inside them?

I really like my bike, it doesn't mean I want to rub my genitals on it. Mind you, maybe for a Cube Agree...

Not sure if this is a response to my comment, but I think ideas clear my comment was about single men and women, nothing about gay men and nothing about men in relationships

Lee_M

Guru
Well, there is. My (happily married to a great guy) best mate would confirm this for you.

Nope that's a platonic relationship from the woman's perspective. It is never platonic from the single
Guys perspective no matter what he might say to the woman and her husband

Top Bottom