Is it ok to have a cycling buddy from the opposite sex?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee_M

Guru
Tough one.

In my view there is no such thing as a platonic relationship between a woman and a single man

Any other combination is subject to vagaries and I do wonder if it's worth the hassle to argue otherwise whatever the combination

OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
It is a tough one, I wish you the best of luck, but we do only pass this way once, it would be a shame to have spent it with the wrong person.

Alan...
Bit soppy but...I've got the right person at home...but it's cool to meet new people and make new friends

defy-one

Tough one.

In my view there is no such thing as a platonic relationship between a woman and a single man

Any other combination is subject to vagaries and I do wonder if it's worth the hassle to argue otherwise whatever the combination

I tend to agree with this, there may be the odd platonic relationship, but if i was going to have a female cycling buddy, it would be because of some mutual attraction.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
2 of my best cycling buddies are ladies, from this site. Auntie Helen and HaloJ.
Mrs Ian has no problem's with that and she has met them both. As I have no problem's with Mrs Ian and her male running chums.

lulubel

Über Member
If my partner found herself a male or female cycling companion, I'd actually be glad. I worry about her when she's cycling on her own and it would be nice to know there's someone there to pick her up/call an ambulance if she rides into the back of a car or goes over the bars on a section of clear, open road (both of which she's done).

Occasionally, she gets talking to other people when she's cycling, and rides with them for a while, and tells me about it when she gets home. I do exactly the same, although probably more often than she does because I go mountain biking, and MTBers seem to be a more sociable lot than roadies. Neither of us has a problem with it.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I think it's a little sad that some folk haven't experienced platonic relationships yet. At least half my friends are gay men, so would that mean I can't have any friends at all, either male or female without someone assuming I want to put my penis inside them?

I really like my bike, it doesn't mean I want to rub my genitals on it. Mind you, maybe for a Cube Agree...

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
I don't think there's anything wrong with going for an innocent bike ride with a member of the opposite sex.

I'm available most weekends if anyone female is interested. :whistle:

Lee_M

Guru
I think it's a little sad that some folk haven't experienced platonic relationships yet. At least half my friends are gay men, so would that mean I can't have any friends at all, either male or female without someone assuming I want to put my penis inside them?

I really like my bike, it doesn't mean I want to rub my genitals on it. Mind you, maybe for a Cube Agree...

Not sure if this is a response to my comment, but I think ideas clear my comment was about single men and women, nothing about gay men and nothing about men in relationships

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Tough one.

Well, there is. My (happily married to a great guy) best mate would confirm this for you.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Not sure if this is a response to my comment, but I think ideas clear my comment was about single men and women, nothing about gay men and nothing about men in relationships

Oh not aimed at your comment at all :smile:

People are people, that's all.

Lee_M

Guru
Well, there is. My (happily married to a great guy) best mate would confirm this for you.

Nope that's a platonic relationship from the woman's perspective. It is never platonic from the single
Guys perspective no matter what he might say to the woman and her husband

Top Bottom