Is it snobby to snub Aldi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I get my cycling clothes tailored in Seville Row.
Is Seville Row some knocked off version of Savile Row?

keithmac

Guru
I bought a bike stand from Lidl and a set of safety boots for work, both really good quality.

Aldi does basically the same gear so best to pic and choose the wheat from the chaff..

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Depends what you want.

I've got a work stand for the bike that was good value and the socks seem consistently good, but some of the other stuff has proved to be bobbins, especially of late.
The real trick is spotting the rubbish stuff before you buy it...

Ajax Bay

Guru
This 'event' has also been discussed in this thread.
Don't buy the inner tubes, at least not to keep/use as spares: they perish on the seams/where they're folded and you only discover this way after buying when it's pressed/pumped into use.

Reactions: mjr

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Thoughts? Tat, or reasonably good gear for the price?
Depends on the year. I've had great stuff (winter training jacket, 2010(?)) and godawful stuff (bib shorts, winter tights, I forget which years). Even those poor items, to be fair, might suit someone with a barrel like upper body perched atop pipecleaner legs, so.
I get my cycling clothes tailored in Seville Row.
Orange you glad you did?

400bhp

Guru
It's interesting why is this being discussed?

Shop puts stuff out to sell that some people don't like shocker.

jarlrmai

Veteran
My commute is 15 mins I buy some Aldi gear for that.
My weekend/evening rides are much longer so a quality pair of padded bibs is a no-brainer, don't get them from Aldi.
I'm interested in the "waterproof socks" this year and the merino beanie and possibly the "performance jacket"

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
OH NO their web banner is DEVILS ELBOW. Sends shivers down my mudguards....

C_W39A-CARO-1-CyclingNew_20162209.jpg

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Got an extremely good long sleeved jersey that is my favourite cool temperature jersey, for a tenner. It's great. It fits me properly too (ie not sqeezed in skin tight) and I'm a large chap. (190cm and 92kg). It's so good I went back and bought another.

I also buy many jars of pickles when I visit Aldi. They do good pickles.

Top Bottom