Is McDonald's under-rated as a bike stop?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G3CWI

Veteran
The wine list is very poor.

robjh

Legendary Member
A good question for a thread, especially as it appears to have been inspired by my whinge about the shocking rubber 'cheese' at McD, at posts #157 and #176 here.

Is it underrated by cyclists? No, I don't think so. For the dreadful food it quite deserves its poor reputation (some may like it, but this is the majority view expressed in responses to this thread).
However, as a last resort food-stop it has its place, and food aside it does have good points (also listed in many responses here). The espresso was quite good, and an absolute bargain for £1.09 for a double. McD's can be found at times and in places where no other food stop exists, and in those circumstances I would use it again.
Hell, I go on night rides so I know for sure that I will use it again.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Fast food is full of preservatives and tasteless, nothing like real, traditional food which I eat every day in my house.

Taking the burgers as an example, there are no preservatives in them, unless you count the pinch of salt added for flavour.

Some of the stuff is probably as you describe, but with careful menu selection, it is possible to have something that's tolerably healthy.

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/food-quality/beef.html

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Fast food is full of preservatives and tasteless, nothing like real, traditional food which I eat every day in my house.
All of which is declared and incredibly unlikely to do you any harm. Taste is a moot point.
However for the big players it is produced under the most rigorous controls so in many respects is among the safest and most trustworthy eats on the street.
If it's not to your taste, then fine.

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Emily Chappell has commented on McDonalds in the past.

"McDonald’s might not be aware of it themselves, but they have excellent laundry facilities (i.e., a sink, soap and a hand dryer)! If you are stealth camping in the wilderness, McDonald’s can be one of the best places to wash yourself and your clothes. On top of that, most McDonald’s have free wifi!"

Venod

Eh up
the people that use these places regularly think nothing of dropping the brown paper bag out of the window wherever they happen to be sat, whether it's in some rural beauty spot layby or 3 feet from a bin in the car park. It makes me feel really sad.

Me too all the littering is depressing, I have a friend who blames MacDonalds for this, I have to point out to him that its the people who discard the litter who are to blame.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I don't often have a McD's but on the odd occasion when I do, I usually enjoy it. Yes the coffee is good as is the ice cream and I'm never worried about the hygiene side of things as it is usually spotless.

Top Bottom