Is McDonald's under-rated as a bike stop?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes, they appeal to the drunk. I did say doner

I don't eat lamb so I wouldn't go near one, nor the chicken, salmonella or campylobacter on a stick

Chicken shish ok from certain establishments

midlife

Guru
Just checked, Rita's kebab shop is still in the go in Bristol after 30 years :smile:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowU...190006944-Ritas_Takeaway-Bristol_England.html

Shaun

dim

if it's very early morning or very late evening, and nothing else is open, I will eat a McDonalds .... if you are hungry, you have to eat

I have done so in the past, and have taken my bike into the store with no problems, but I eat outside

To be fair, on the Cambridge Friday Night Ride, about the only weird thing was the egg. You expect plastic cheese, but everything else is fine. It would have been nice if they'd been serving the full menu rather than just the breakfast menu, but the coffee was OK, it was warm, friendly staff and decent toilets (despite a drunk chap throwing up his guts in there, no doubt after too many sangrias on the plane).

It worked quite well as the halfway stop especially bearing in mind it's the only place open. Sadly, apart from a coffee stand, there's nothing else available in the airport terminal.

A quick heads-up - another McDonalds in another part of the country might end up being used next year. :whistle:

midlife

Guru
It has warmth
Toilets
Free WiFi
Electric points
Hot and cold water
Food
A never ending supply of fizzy drinks

In Denmark they are almost always spotlessly clean. Same with Burger King to which I prefer.

Do they serve that frit sauce stuff in Denmark like they do in the Netherlands ?

Shaun

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I would rather chew my own arm off than eat any of that gunk. On the whole, our food chain is pretty dysfunctional, and this place is right at the top of the pile when it comes to reasons why.

Have you tried the porridge in McD's? To me it tastes exactly the same as the stuff I make at home from scratch. They give you a choice of syrup or sugar to sweeten it up if you want. It was 99p

They don't just serve double cheeseburgers you know?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If you mean Remoulade, yes they do. I was eating it with chips 10 minutes ago.

I had currywurst and chips in Germany for lunch. Id better get some riding in this week.

Reactions: mjr

Slick

Guru
No I haven't, and I wouldn't put any form of sugar, honey or otherwise on my porridge.

Maybe I should try it.

midlife

Guru
If you mean Remoulade, yes they do. I was eating it with chips 10 minutes ago.

I had currywurst and chips in Germany for lunch. Id better get some riding in this week.

Thanks :smile:. Just reminded me of fricandel (spelling) now that was calorie laden !!

Shaun

Top Bottom