Is McDonald's under-rated as a bike stop?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You're complaining about salt and sugar content after saying you'd like muckyD? :laugh:

No i'm just pointing out that the higher priced cafe items they tend to buy are no better nutritionally than McDonalds. I'm not much of a McDonalds fan mind you. I'd prefer a chippy on a bike ride,so i could buy chips and mushy peas for the carbs.

And before you say it, no i don't put salt on chips, or anything for that matter.:angel:

Last edited:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I try to avoid them, it's really, really last resort stuff. And I hate the litter, the people that use these places regularly think nothing of dropping the brown paper bag out of the window wherever they happen to be sat, whether it's in some rural beauty spot layby or 3 feet from a bin in the car park. It makes me feel really sad.
I'd be genuinely happy if they died a death and the regulars were forced to give their custom to something else, but it won't happen.

If I'm middle of nowhere, and cold and hungry, I'll use one, maybe once a year or less. Otherwise, no thanks, I'm sure I can find somewhere I'd rather give my money to.

vickster

Legendary Member
I thought it was just a pot of instant, similar to what lots of cafes serve?
Except most instant porridge is sweetened xx( couldn't find any unsweetened in Tesco in 2015 to take to hotel before ride London

Will Spin

Über Member
Only ever been in one once in my life and hope never to have to go in one again. I usually take my own grub with me on a ride anyway. I have a secret bet with myself when starting off to see how far I can ride before seeing my first discarded Mcdonalds packaging, haven't managed to get to double figures yet.

Reactions: mjr

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I thought it was just a pot of instant, similar to what lots of cafes serve?

Well I didn't see them prepare it so can't say for sure. It certainly tasted just like the stuff I make at home (porridge oats, milk, microwave). What it didn't taste like was that "Oats So Simple" stuff

TBH, if I was on a bit of a ride I'd probably order it again. 99p seemed like a pretty good price too

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Well I didn't see them prepare it so can't say for sure. It certainly tasted just like the stuff I make at home (porridge oats, milk, microwave). What it didn't taste like was that "Oats So Simple" stuff

TBH, if I was on a bit of a ride I'd probably order it again. 99p seemed like a pretty good price too

Unlikely as it may seem, we shouldn't rule out the possibility McDonald's porridge is just that, porridge.

I had one of their green leaves salads (OK, with a burger), but the salad was, strange to relate, just bits of rocket, lettuce, tomato - same as any prepped salad from the supermarket.

Top Bottom