Is SC&P worth it?

Is it worth it

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
The title of this thread should really be something like, "I don't like SC&P. Do you?" Asking if one part of this forum "achieves anything any more", but not whether another part does (Tea? anyone?) is just silly.
But I do like it...i just don't like where it seems to be heading.

I don't visit tea, not sure why but I think its because I don't have time to read the back catalogue of posts...has it become something dark and nasty then?

Just don't post photos of yourself naked with only a packet of crisps covering your tackle.
Just in the nick of time.....

crisp%20packet%20shrunk.jpg

Brandane

Legendary Member
Thank The Lord for SC&P.. It means that the bunfight of egos can go on (and on, and on) in some far flung place which in my case is now invisible since the excellent inception of the ignore nodes.
The downside is that on very rare occasions, stuff from the café which I find of interest can develop a political slant and ends up being thrown onto the dark side.

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
My dearie God some people take a free website very seriously.

Who cares? Use it. Don't. Read it. Ignore it. Post on it. Quote it. Recite it naked whilst eating prawn cocktail crisps.

Who flippin cares? This site is free. Use as much of it as you want.
I care. I have an odd sense of ownership for the site which I don't enjoy on any other site...at all.

It has literally changed my life in some ways.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I don't get this "Ignore Nodes" bit. Is it too difficult to just not click those sub boards or messages you don't want to read?
At the last count, I think there were 50+ sub boards on this forum. Tidying them up using the ignore nodes just makes viewing the forums home page much easier, IMHO.. I have about half of the sub boards on ignore now, not that I have anything against most of them; just that they are of no interest.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Am I one of the few that doesnt find SC&P that bad? maybe Ive been on too many dark places on the web but SC&P is pretty tame and most posters even when they disagree dont get nasty. Politics is a subject which naturally evokes strong disagreement. Im also not sure why the question is asked, if I dont like an area or the subject I ignore it, I dont question why those people are there or if their discussion is worth it. New posters dont see the area immediatly and IMO people know if you go into discuss politics, it can get a bit heated.

stephec

Legendary Member
Most regular posters on here will know what SC&P is about, so if you like it then use it, and if you don't then don't.

I'll read it regularly but not post that often, not because I agree or disagree with a thread, or because I'm frightened of having someone call me a nasty name, but quite often there's a few posts already that are the same as what I would have added, so there seems little point in going over the same ground.

There's enough parts to this forum to keep everyone happy, look at the parts you like, and don't bother with the parts you don't.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I don't agree with the 'bunfight of egos' - perhaps a better way to phrase it is 'people with an interest in politics and current affairs who like critical thinking'
I will partially retract my comment then; not all contributors to SC&P are egomaniacs - but a significant number are, and they are enough to make the place unpleasant. Unless of course it has changed dramatically in recent months; I wouldn't know.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm just in changing the title of the poll @jonny jeez, I hope I changed it correctly.

I don't take part in the discussions as they are sometimes a little high brow for me, or I don't hold strong views on politics for example. But I do pop in and read some threads, which has changed the way I think on some subjects or at least opened my eyes to alternative view points.

I'd keep SCP, even though it does require a bit of modding. I don't think it's as bad as some make out. Now give me an easy life for the next few days:biggrin:

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
I'm just in changing the title of the poll @jonny jeez, I hope I changed it correctly.

I don't take part in the discussions as they are sometimes a little high brow for me, or I don't hold strong views on politics for example. But I do pop in and read some threads, which has changed the way I think on some subjects or at least opened my eyes to alternative view points.
Same here, Ive learned a lot from posters on both sides of debates and at the least let me understand other people viewpoints that I might not have considered before.

I'd keep SCP, even though it does require a bit of modding. I don't think it's as bad as some make out. Now give me an easy life for the next few days:biggrin:
Its took ages to get this rep, we cant rest on our laurels! :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom