Large Hadron Collider

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I have one of those tomorrow. The only good thing about it will be the 17 mile cycle there and the 17 mile cycle back ;)

red_tom

1.21 Gigawatts!

LLB

My theory is that civilisations in other parts of the universe have developed similar technology as the Hadron Collider around the same time as they have been trying to contact others with SETI type projects, but have fired their collider within a few years of stating their own SETI style projects, and have just winked out of existence when the colliders have formed new black holes and new Galaxies in turn have formed around them, and this is the reason why we haven't seen signs of life out there with SETI :rolleyes:

Mr Phoebus

I was watching the programme on this last night and all I could think about the tunnel was what a fantastic circuit it would make for cycling. :biggrin:
A lot of the engineers who were working on the tunnel did actually have Brompton's for getting around.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

I heard about it quite a while back but now its all making sense.

The LHC will allow science to 'manouvre' time.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
???

red_tom

In possibly the best quote of all time, Professor Brian Cox of Manchester University stated that

"Anyone who thinks the Large Hadron Collider will destroy the world is a twat."

:rolleyes:

Link to story

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I suppose they could justify all that pointless poncing about on the moon with non-stick frying pans but what's this hadron thing going to produce that will be of any use?

red_tom

Picture of the week. :sad:

'They're waiting for you Gordon'
LHCgordon.jpg

Top Bottom