Large Hadron Collider

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LLB

red_tom said:
Picture of the week. :sad:

'They're waiting for you Gordon'
LHCgordon.jpg

Why do the eggheads find it so important to play god with the world ?

We get lecture on how we are destroying the planet with conspicuous consumption, and then they propose to run mega sized experiments which they have no real idea of the outcome (or at least enough doubt for other eggheads to launch legal action).

Pot and Kettle ?

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Do you think the whole collider thing could be a conspiracy funded by all the nutty religions who keep predicting the end of the world and consistently make fools of themselves and so now they've decided to make their predictions come true?

LLB

Andy in Sig said:
Do you think the whole collider thing could be a conspiracy funded by all the nutty religions who keep predicting the end of the world and consistently make fools of themselves and so now they've decided to make their predictions come true?

Have you read Angels and Demons :sad:

papercorn2000

Isn't that a Dan Browne book?

You deserve to be shot, he is second only to Archer at producing mind-sludging drivel!

LLB

papercorn2000 said:
Isn't that a Dan Browne book?

You deserve to be shot, he is second only to Archer at producing mind-sludging drivel!

Ho many books have you had published Papercorn :sad: ?

LLB

papercorn2000 said:
Good argument Linf, this means that all of Browne's books are literary masterpieces!

I'd rather read his than something from Rushdie Zzzzzzzzzzzz

papercorn2000

So?

This makes Dan Browne's novels good?

Arch

Married to Night Train
So, if this Hadron thingy might bugger up time, and they're turning it on at 8.30am on Weds, while the Today programme is on...

They should bung in a load of extra pips at 9am, get people worried....:sad:

LLB

Arch said:
So, if this Hadron thingy might bugger up time, and they're turning it on at 8.30am on Weds, while the Today programme is on...

They should bung in a load of extra pips at 9am, get people worried....:sad:

I favour Fnnaars version :blush:

Arch

Married to Night Train
red_tom said:
:sad:

Or just really extend the last one like an ECG gone flat.

:blush:

I remember a R4 comedy, it might have been the Now Show, or similar, when they did a spoof news story about the pips escaping and turning up at random moments in other programmes...

Mind you, there's been the odd time when R4 goes silent, and that's scary. Especially if it's true that nuclear sub commanders listen out for it if they suspect the end of the world is nigh....

LLB

User1314 said:
This Large Hadron Collider.

What kind of bike is it again?

I've been on the Evans' website and they don't seem to stock it yet.

How much will it cost?

It's made by Kawasaki :sad:

Top Bottom