Leeds Ride, 6 or 7 March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The forecast is looking good so I'm a definite unless something really bad happens in the meantime. (I keep thinking about what happened to PaulB! :laugh: )

I have colly's number so if there are is a problem (and I'm still capable of using a phone!) I'll let him know if I can't make it.

I'm sure you know the route off by heart but I'll program it into my GPS anyway because I like to keep track of where I'm going.

zacklaws

Guru
My hands raised.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Sorry gentlemen - something's come up at the last minute. Cannot make it though would love to join you on the next one.

longers

Legendary Member
I'm in assuming I catch the train ok.

I've got/had a cold so please excuse the spluttering and hawking.

colly

Re member eR
I'm ok for saturday:biggrin:

Longers and Colin, will you both be arriving at the same time in Leeds. (Just before 9 ?)

I'll be at the main drop off/collection point where I met you last time Colin. That's through the barriers and take a left through the concourse and down some steps , then left out of the station. (just in case you need reminding);)

ColinJ

colly said:
Longers and Colin, will you both be arriving at the same time in Leeds. (Just before 9 ?)
That's the plan, assuming that longers doesn't succumb to the lurgy by then.

In theory the train gets in at 08:56 so it would be nearer to 09:05 by the time we've arrived at the pick-up point.

colly said:
I'll be at the main drop off/collection point where I met you last time Colin. That's through the barriers and take a left through the concourse and down some steps , then left out of the station. (just in case you need reminding);)
Of course I remember where it is - do you think I'm losing my marbles!

Er, just remind me what you look like again... :blush:

ColinJ

I think that makes 6 of us unless aJohnson and/or Happiness Stan decide to turn up.

Checking the latest forecast, it looks like we had the sunshine today which we were supposed to be getting tomorrow so now I have to decide whether to risk being over-dressed or under-dressed. I think I might err on the side of caution and wear my heavy duty jacket. I'd rather be too warm than too cold...

zacklaws

Guru
ColinJ said:
I think that makes 6 of us unless aJohnson and/or Happiness Stan decide to turn up.

Checking the latest forecast, it looks like we had the sunshine today which we were supposed to be getting tomorrow so now I have to decide whether to risk being over-dressed or under-dressed. I think I might err on the side of caution and wear my heavy duty jacket. I'd rather be too warm than too cold...

I've just dumped my base layers this week as it was getting too hot on rides, but consulting my clothing chart from what I have worn on previous rides along with recorded temperatures and matching it with tomorows forecast temperature, the base layer will be back on.

Just looked on the BBC's weather site and its gave rain and sleet?

ColinJ

That's decided it - full winter kit! My jersey and jacket have plenty of zips which can be undone if conditions improve.

Right, I'm off to have a few beers now - see you in the morning!

ColinJ

Damn - I forgot that my rear tube has a slow puncture! I noticed on my last ride that it had gone a bit soft since the ride before.

I don't want to mess about with it now or I'll be rushing to get ready and get out to the station in time for the 08:00 train.

I've pumped it up and will check it on the train. It's a 56 minute journey so I have time to fix it on board if I have to.

See you soon fellas...

longers

Legendary Member
Thanks for another good day out everyone, especially Colly for the lifts and Will for organising it.

I've eaten a small mountain of food and have a cold beer on the go.

:biggrin:

Top Bottom