England : Bedfordshire Luton Slightly Hilly House Warming Cake ride - Sat. 12th January 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
A GPX for the ride can be found here.

For those getting to Luton Airport Parkway station by train from London, here's a money saving tip. Buy your ticket online beforehand by purchasing a return from Luton Airport Parkway to London St Pancras and pick it up from your local station. Then simply use the return portion first, and the outbound bit when you go back to London. This is because the price of a London to Luton Airport Parkway return ticket is £14.00 but a Luton Airport Parkway to London is only £9.50 (or just £6.25 with a Railcard). This is because for going into London, they offer a Super Off Peak Return which is cheaper.

In fact an even better money saving tip is to register on Quidco, and then go via their web site onto Southern Railways, and buy the ticket through them and get 6% cashback.

Roll call with 12 days to go:

Stu A
Ian R scratched on Saturday :sad:
Stevevw (cycling up?)
Jay (cycling from Hemel, meeting Martin T)
Martin T (cycling from HPC)
Musa (cycling up?)
Ross - possible
Sonia - possible:sad:
Pamela - possible:sad:
Greg
Becs - possible
John E
Stephen & Rachel - possible

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sorry for scratching out - Mrs Ian's hair do appointment has bagged the day.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Two more possibles over here. If the forecast is right and the next couple of weeks stay dry the probability will increase. We will not be cycling over.

ianmac62

Guru
Hi Adam & Rebecca,

Only just seen this through a link via FB. Sorry - on the 12th Cobblers play at Chesterfield and a chap I made friends with when cycling across Germany in the summer is a Spireites season ticket holder. So I'm going to meet up with him. Real ale rather than cake will be involved (I've got a recommendation from ceepeebee). Indeed the food will be pies and chips.

Anyway have a great ride and a wonderful 2013 both of you!

Ian

Top Bottom