Manchester - Llandudno 2016 : Saturday April 23...for Harry, England and St George

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
Go on then....I'm obviously still looking to lose a few pounds before the big day

tumblr_inline_mtmayxAUkk1rwnjjz.jpg
Fixed that for you.

Having not been on many of the Chat rides putting faces to names is not easy, even to the point of when we got to the Eureka Cafe last year we walked straight past a couple of the lads who where starting there and had out dinner at the other end of the cafe.
We have all seen the names on here countless times but had no idea what each other looked like, unlike Adrian who does actualy look like the wise old elf
So what about a mug shot line up to get some names to faces before the ride
Last years thread has a lot of us in. Pictures start at about page 70

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/m...l-hill-climb-sausage-challenge.168795/page-70

As there's not so many of us starting at the Eureka this year, I shall be keeping a careful eye out for arrivals

Jaykun85

I'm still waiting to hear if doughnuts wonderful better half is free for a little more gear to go with her, if not a backpack might be a bit much if you've never done 100 miles before. You're welcome to put some (lightweight!) casual clothes in my panniers if it comes to it.

thats very kind of you .. i was just gonna take some jogging pants to put over my gear when get there
Ill go to evans this week sometime see the bags they have as would take a pair of converse too .. plus may be better to get one for in the future :smile:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Single panniers are always carried on the right. You may have seen them on the left but that's wrong. Unless we are amongst our continental cousins.
Phew. For a moment I thought we were going to have to shoot you and leave you in a ditch. Which would have been terribly sad.

mythste

Veteran
Having not been on many of the Chat rides putting faces to names is not easy, even to the point of when we got to the Eureka Cafe last year we walked straight past a couple of the lads who where starting there and had out dinner at the other end of the cafe.
We have all seen the names on here countless times but had no idea what each other looked like, unlike Adrian who does actualy look like the wise old elf
So what about a mug shot line up to get some names to faces before the ride

I intend to be recognised only by my thunderous legs.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Hi

Ive been reading this post over the last few month, can I play out also :smile:

Though Im not 100% sure if I can make it?, If I do, It'll only be as far as the Eureka Cafe, so I'll be cycling back to Manchester as I don't fancy spending anytime in Wales or getting the train back

Thanks

John

mythste

Veteran
Hi

Though Im not 100% sure if I can make it?, If I do, It'll only be as far as the Eureka Cafe, so I'll be cycling back to Manchester as I don't fancy spending anytime in Wales or getting the train back

Thanks

John

What did the Welsh do to you? :laugh:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Hi

Thanks

John

I'll pop you on the Expressions of Interest list on post#1

A couple of days before the ride I'll ask for confirmations from everyone as regards whether they're riding or not. You will need to let me know one way or another then

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VFuHj9_Tgw

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Sorry Nick, I won't be there this year. There's a clash with a Friday Night Ride to Whitstable and, among other things, finances dictate that I choose the cheaper option. Hopefully you'll be running this ride again next year, it's a really good one. Then I might manage to do all of it ^_^.

What a pity but thanks for letting me know. Let's hope you can make a subsequent one

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Sorry Nick, I won't be there this year. There's a clash with a Friday Night Ride to Whitstable and, among other things, finances dictate that I choose the cheaper option. Hopefully you'll be running this ride again next year, it's a really good one. Then I might manage to do all of it ^_^.
:cry:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I too will be going to Whitstable but hoping to make v3. It's a Good Ride I Haven't Done Yet, which is reason enough to want to do it for me!

Top Bottom