Manchester - Llandudno 2016 : Saturday April 23...for Harry, England and St George

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Jackson's bridge now that brings back memoires.
Still the best way to cross the Mersey safely.
But I now swing down to Ashley,
suggestion there's a good campsite at Prestatyn but they are nervous of groups.
If you need me to pour oil on water, let me know and I will do my best.

wanda2010

Guru
Sweet. Final question (for now) are people shlepping panniers? Or have you all got deep jersey pockets?

I may have a pannier or similar as I'm up from London the night before and staying over in Llandudno til the Sunday. Might need to contact @doughnut re a baggage drop if that is still an option nearer time.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I had 4 panniers on the last trip as I had planned to camp rough so carried a sleeping bag and lots of other stuff. I wouldn't be worried about carrying just one, where else are you going to put your biscuits, flap jacks and rain coat (you WILL need this! :tongue:)

EDIT: Don't forget your dinner suit for the evening......

mythste

Veteran
I had 4 panniers on the last trip as I had planned to camp rough so carried a sleeping bag and lots of other stuff. I wouldn't be worried about carrying just one, where else are you going to put your biscuits, flap jacks and rain coat (you WILL need this! :tongue:)

EDIT: Don't forget your dinner suit for the evening......

I think I might end up staying in llandudno one way or another. Plus having panniers is a pretty good excuse for why I'm so slow :laugh:

Jaykun85

No problem. I'll put you on the "Expressions of Interest" list on post #1 of this thread

Regarding booking the train back from Llandudno, make sure you book it from Llandudno Junction, not Llandudno. I wouldn't plan to be in Llandudno much earlier than 1900 and we'll be going to the pub after the ride so you may want to factor that in
The last train to get me home to northwich is at 9.30 .. would assume that that is least one from llandudno as it goes via chester

Jaykun85

Meet at Devonshire Bakery
http://www.devonshire-bakery.co.uk/our-shops/

It's 30 miles from Piccadilly and we're leaving at 0800 so we will be there 1100 latest, hopefully a touch earlier

i can just hang around the bakery and treat myself to a iced bun :tongue: or two while waiting though there some others leaving from the same spot so least have someone to talk too.

mythste

Veteran
Got the okay from the better half, who also has some space to leave some gear in Whally Range in manchester, if that helps anyone.

Think I'll be staying in Llandudno on the saturday, and I'll be up for a half on Friday night if people are around. Bought some new socks in anticipation. Off the wall me.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I am now the proud possessor of one of the Cycle Chat jerseys that are travelling around the country by bike. Picked it up this morning from Buxton

The idea is that I will bring it on the Llandudno ride and pass it on to one of you. The only rule is that it has to be someone who is cycling back from Llandudno but there are a few going to Liverpool and Manchester.

Can someone volunteer to take it off me? The idea is that you then arrange a meet up with another CCer and pass the jersey on. This one is heading vaguely North-ish

20160322_131827.jpg

Here's the jersey relay thread

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/who-has-the-jersey.176980/

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I am now the proud possessor of one of the Cycle Chat jerseys that are travelling around the country by bike. Picked it up this morning from Buxton

Can someone volunteer to take it off me? The idea is that you then arrange a meet up with another CCer and pass the jersey on. This one is heading vaguely North-ish

View attachment 122425
Does it fit and will you wash it before handing it on?

Top Bottom