Manchester - Llandudno 2016 : Saturday April 23...for Harry, England and St George

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tommaguzzi

Über Member
OK Nicky I have just booked a room in a b and b, I have a train ticket to Manchester and have just today been out for a 60 miler up and down the peak district hills with no problems so I reckon I'm good to go.
See you at Piccadilly sat 23rd

mike3121

OK Nicky I have just booked a room in a b and b, I have a train ticket to Manchester and have just today been out for a 60 miler up and down the peak district hills with no problems so I reckon I'm good to go.

Ahhhhhh yes training, that could be a good idea, I will put that on my 'to do' list

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey

Great stuff. 60 miles in the Peak District is a lot harder than this ride so it sounds like it'll be a walk in the park for you. This ride is much more a case of "can my arse cope with 8-9 hours in the saddle?"

For those with good memories, rather disturbingly the weeks before the ride in 2015 were full of pleasant Spring weather with delicious light easterlies. Only for it to break rather spectacularly the day before the ride. Rather similar weather pattern we are developing now

Jaykun85

When ding the ride where do we meet up in Weaverham and what time?

After more money being spent have also managed to get a decent set up for my Garmin Edge and GoPro so can do a time lapse film of the trip :tongue:

mythste

Veteran
Oh! I didnt see this! I'm spending most weekends in Manchester at the moment so would love to tag along. I'll okay it with the better half - provided no one minds! I'll get the train back from llandudno.

Jaykun85

Oh! I didnt see this! I'm spending most weekends in Manchester at the moment so would love to tag along. I'll okay it with the better half - provided no one minds! I'll get the train back from llandudno.

im getting the train back :smile: already have my ticket .. i just have to make it there before 21.30 :smile:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
When ding the ride where do we meet up in Weaverham and what time?

After more money being spent have also managed to get a decent set up for my Garmin Edge and GoPro so can do a time lapse film of the trip :tongue:

Meet at Devonshire Bakery
http://www.devonshire-bakery.co.uk/our-shops/

It's 30 miles from Piccadilly and we're leaving at 0800 so we will be there 1100 latest, hopefully a touch earlier

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey

No problem. I'll put you on the "Expressions of Interest" list on post #1 of this thread

Regarding booking the train back from Llandudno, make sure you book it from Llandudno Junction, not Llandudno. I wouldn't plan to be in Llandudno much earlier than 1900 and we'll be going to the pub after the ride so you may want to factor that in

mythste

Veteran
No problem. I'll put you on the "Expressions of Interest" list on post #1 of this thread

Regarding booking the train back from Llandudno, make sure you book it from Llandudno Junction, not Llandudno. I wouldn't plan to be in Llandudno much earlier than 1900 and we'll be going to the pub after the ride so you may want to factor that in

I'm a railcard holder so advance booking shouldnt be a problem. anyone know if theyre fussy about bikes on carriages around that way?

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I'm a railcard holder so advance booking shouldnt be a problem. anyone know if theyre fussy about bikes on carriages around that way?

Very unfussy. Officially 2 spaces but I've been on the train there with at least a dozen cyclists without a grumble from the staff. If you want to be really safe you can book a space (providing there are spaces left) on your chosen train

http://www.arrivatrainswales.co.uk/Bicycles/

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Sweet. Final question (for now) are people shlepping panniers? Or have you all got deep jersey pockets?

Don't recall too many panniers from last year. I'll just carry a few bits and bobs in my jersey pockets

A good option for you is to make contact with @doughnut who is doing the ride. His wife is driving to Llandudno from Manchester Piccadilly and has offered to transport bags for people

Top Bottom