Manchester - Llandudno 2016 : Saturday April 23...for Harry, England and St George

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jaykun85

well train ticket booked and cycle spaces allocated for last train from Llandudno Junction. So now i have to make it to the end :tongue: or i won't be getting my moneys worth :tongue: I best get training haha

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
well train ticket booked and cycle spaces allocated for last train from Llandudno Junction. So now i have to make it to the end :tongue: or i won't be getting my moneys worth :tongue: I best get training haha

From Weaverham it's a pretty easy ride although 70 miles is not to be sniffed at. There's about 10 miles of ups and downs to get to Mouldsworth, after which it is very flat indeed. Just a couple of steep little climbs before you get to Llandudno and that's about it. Just make sure you can sit on your bike for long enough, that's all the training you'll need

Jaykun85

I've done 50 miles in one day. Once i get in the mind set and just get on with it I'm quite happy :smile: looking forward to it when the weather bucks up I gonna head out and try some long distance runs to wilmslow to the airport and back.
I don't need to bring much do I .. just what i can fit in my bike and pockets and course money for some food ad beer at the pub?

doughnut

Veteran
Hotel is now booked and I'm ready to go.

My wife is signed up to drop me off in the car at Piccadilly and meet me at Llandudno again. So same as last year, if you have a bag you want carrying to Llandudno, then feel free to chuck it in the back of our car at Piccadilly.

She stopped at Marbury for a morning jog on the way last year, and was available to pick up the first person who had a mechanical (unfortunately it was me), so she might help if anyone gets into difficulty. The only rule is that if she picks you up, then you aren't allowed to cry like a baby all the way to Llandudno in the car because your bike is broken - she had enough of that last year.

Jaykun85

Just had delivered the Brunton Day Pack for my Go Pro. so gives 5.5 times more recording time .. think thats about 10 hours in total. So think i may take a time lapse video of the ride to Llandudno if i strap it to the front of my bike :smile:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Room booked, train booked so all I need to do is get back on a fecking bike.
Still, there's plenty of time to get fit, isn't there? Is @MossCommuter coming for a few post-ride jars this year?

The issue isn't your fitness stopping you completing the ride. The issue is can I stop you drinking too much of this stuff the night before

upload_2016-3-7_7-43-42.png

http://www.marblebeers.com/our-beers/brew-900/

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
MossCommuter might be available for both the pre- and post- ride drinky poos :blush:

Pre and post drinks, just missing the ride bit in the middle.

I like your style

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm a doubt for the pre-ride drinks. Not sure if it's good form to turn up at a friends house to stay and immediately bugger off for a píss up!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It's possible, but my legendary willpower (or lack thereof, when beer is involved) may be a factor in my decision.

Top Bottom