Manchester - Llandudno 2016 : Saturday April 23...for Harry, England and St George

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tommaguzzi

Über Member
I am may be riding back to at least Manchester on Sunday but cannot confirm as it depends entirely on my beer consumption/self control on Saturday night.
Also you lot will be the first CCers I have met in the Lycra ( whats that they say about going unaccompanied to meet people off the interweb?) and so i would have no idea who to hand it on to, therefore i am probably not the ideal choice.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Here's the new Marble beer on at the Marble Arch

upload_2016-3-22_15-31-12.png

@User

I wonder if the name will make the beer more or less popular with CCers? More, surely?

si_c

Guru
Mrs MythSte "So you're going out to have a drink and meet and greet the night before?"

Me "yup"

"and you're cycling 100 miles the next day?"

"yup..."
"HAH, okay then. You're making your own brew in the morning"

:eek:

Not entirely dissimilar to the conversation with Mrs C,

"You're getting up at what time to go for a bike ride?"
"How far?"
"And you're riding back after drinking?"
"I'm not helping if you feel sick on sunday"

Jaykun85

Right .. I'm gonna fire off my stupid question :tongue:

I have never done a long ride like this before. So this will be my first.
As i am planning to stay till the last train in llandudno, i can't be in my cycling gear all day and all night so will need to take some joggers or something with me.
So my question is should i invest in a back pack for long cycles like this to put all my gear in. I was looking on evans cycles and they are about £50
Will any of you guys going on the trip be doing the same ???
Or will i be glared at with distane while you hurtle past shouting "noooooob"

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey

As i am planning to stay till the last train in llandudno, i can't be in my cycling gear all day and all night so will need to take some joggers or something with me.
So my question is should i invest in a back pack for long cycles like this to put all my gear in. I was looking on evans cycles and they are about £50

OK...some comments

I will be staying in my cycling gear all evening. I'm not taking a backpack or similar, just staying in my gear. I am just taking (much to everyone's amusement last year) some flip flops to wear in the evening

Nobody minds what you carry with you or how you carry it. There will be panniers, backpacks etc etc. I just prefer to travel very light

It might be worth contacting @doughnut . His wife is driving from Manchester to Llandudno and has offered to transport bags for riders. I don't know if she is planning to go to Weaverham or not though. If not then your options are just stay in your gear like me or use a backpack or similar

Push comes to shove, why not contact another Weaverham starter and see if you can share a bag or whatever?

si_c

Guru
OK...some comments
I will be staying in my cycling gear all evening. I'm not taking a backpack or similar, just staying in my gear. I am just taking (much to everyone's amusement last year) some flip flops to wear in the evening
Nobody minds what you carry with you or how you carry it. There will be panniers, backpacks etc etc. I just prefer to travel very light
It might be worth contacting @doughnut . His wife is driving from Manchester to Llandudno and has offered to transport bags for riders. I don't know if she is planning to go to Weaverham or not though. If not then your options are just stay in your gear like me or use a backpack or similar
Push comes to shove, why not contact another Weaverham starter and see if you can share a bag or whatever?

I'm staying overnight, so will be taking a backpack with me on the ride. Most of my riding is done with bag of varying weights so I'm used to it. I'll be carrying waterproofs and so on, plus a light change of clothes for the evening. If you're thinking of taking one I'd go for a ride with one first, not everyone likes the extra weight on their backs.

For what it's worth I got my bag from Evans, its a Deuter bag, about £50 or so, but it's perfect as my commuting bag, with space for laptop etc etc.

mythste

Veteran

I'm still waiting to hear if doughnuts wonderful better half is free for a little more gear to go with her, if not a backpack might be a bit much if you've never done 100 miles before. You're welcome to put some (lightweight!) casual clothes in my panniers if it comes to it.

doughnut

Veteran
I'm still waiting to hear if doughnuts wonderful better half is free for a little more gear to go with her, if not a backpack might be a bit much if you've never done 100 miles before. You're welcome to put some (lightweight!) casual clothes in my panniers if it comes to it.
Mrs doughnut is still planning on being available for bags at Piccadilly, for delivery at the pub in Llandudno. At the moment she's not planning on stopping anywhere else on the way, I'm afraid. Last year, we parked the car for about 20 mins in the free car park at Piccadilly just before the ride started and people lobbed the bags in then.

Last years people carrier is gone and the car is now a Vauxhall Astra estate - still plenty of room for bags though and if her broom wagon skills are required, then there's enough room for one bike inside without taking any wheels off.

Closer to the time I will post a message so that I can find out who wants bags carried - then I will know to wait for you before my wife drives off.

mythste

Veteran
Mrs doughnut is still planning on being available for bags at Piccadilly, for delivery at the pub in Llandudno. At the moment she's not planning on stopping anywhere else on the way, I'm afraid. Last year, we parked the car for about 20 mins in the free car park at Piccadilly just before the ride started and people lobbed the bags in then.

Last years people carrier is gone and the car is now a Vauxhall Astra estate - still plenty of room for bags though and if her broom wagon skills are required, then there's enough room for one bike inside without taking any wheels off.

Closer to the time I will post a message so that I can find out who wants bags carried - then I will know to wait for you before my wife drives off.

Thats great news - and very kind! Thanks doughnut.

If I'm staying overnight, as I'm joining at Eureka I shall be carrying a single pannier. A single pannier, I'm saying it now so single pannierists can get frothy beforehand.

As it is, I still haven't booked anything.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Having not been on many of the Chat rides putting faces to names is not easy, even to the point of when we got to the Eureka Cafe last year we walked straight past a couple of the lads who where starting there and had out dinner at the other end of the cafe.
We have all seen the names on here countless times but had no idea what each other looked like, unlike Adrian who does actualy look like the wise old elf
So what about a mug shot line up to get some names to faces before the ride

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Having not been on many of the Chat rides putting faces to names is not easy, even to the point of when we got to the Eureka Cafe last year we walked straight past a couple of the lads who where starting there and had out dinner at the other end of the cafe.
We have all seen the names on here countless times but had no idea what each other looked like, unlike Adrian who does actualy look like the wise old elf
So what about a mug shot line up to get some names to faces before the ride

Go on then....I'm obviously still looking to lose a few pounds before the big day

upload_2016-3-24_16-52-30.png

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
From what i remember Nick, id say add a few more pounds and loose the hair, anyway whos that fatty in the photo he cant even get his top button fastened

Top Bottom