Manchester - Llandudno 25 April 2015 featuring the Inaugural Hill Climb Sausage Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Immediately after Altrincham we'll be passing through the middle of a well known MP's constituency. Expect to see plenty of these
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSs_gscvM3F_JyAODJispiBp7EUy86R8dA_tOBxSIiPJQpGzWh7jw.jpg

By my calculations, we'll pass through 6 Labour, 5 Conservative and 1 Lib Dem constiuencies

mike3121

I'm not keen on the forecast update this morning.:rain: Still some slight differences of opinion between the forecasts though so it might change again yet.

the forecast from Accuweather looks the best
not to keen on the forecast from met office and BBC

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Looks like waterproofs will be needed. XC Weather has just updated and is falling into line with the Met Office forecast. (I hoped it would be the other way round.)

Think I might go and fettle up the knockabout bike for the morrow.

Wobblers

Euthermic
In truth I am pretty far from OK. I am struggling with back pain. I can ride my bike but getting on and off is a bit ouchy, as is getting out of the saddle. I am giving consideration to missing out the first half and jumping a train to somewhere like Moldsworth.

:sad:

Capenhurst Station is just round the corner from the Eureka Cafe. It wouldn't be any trouble to meet you there (change at Chester for a Liverpool train, just be aware that only the 15 and 45 minutes past the hour trains stop at Capenhurst) if you want to be inexpertly guided to Eureka.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
In truth I am pretty far from OK. I am struggling with back pain. I can ride my bike but getting on and off is a bit ouchy, as is getting out of the saddle. I am giving consideration to missing out the first half and jumping a train to somewhere like Moldsworth.

If you can't manage the whole ride I'd suggest you ride the first half;

Weather looks significantly better in the morning than the afternoon
After leaving Eureka it's about 6 miles to the nearest station with a direct train to Llandudno (Shotton)
The best bits of the ride are Altrincham-Eureka and then Prestatyn-Llandudno. This way you ride one of the best bits and don't ride the most boring bit (the A548 to Prestatyn)

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I was in Llandudno today (dropping the car off) and was impressed by the place, i didn't get up as far as the chippy, but had a nice stroll along the front and over to the train station.

Been past it a thousand times going down to the Llyn peninsular and Anglesey and never took the time to stop, i will be putting it on the day out list for later in the year with the family, but for now we just need the weather to buck its ideas up, snap out of is weather depression and not rain too hard tomorrow.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I was in Llandudno today (dropping the car off) and was impressed by the place, i didn't get up as far as the chippy, but had a nice stroll along the front and over to the train station.

Been past it a thousand times going down to the Llyn peninsular and Anglesey and never took the time to stop, i will be putting it on the day out list for later in the year with the family, but for now we just need the weather to buck its ideas up, snap out of is weather depression and not rain too hard tomorrow.

What.... It's lovely Llandudno. They also have a south shore too, much quieter, but great for the kids. You've also got Conwy near by and I just love the harbour there. Beautiful.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Just looking at some old photos and found the @fossyant ride of 22nd April 2012 , now that was a wet ride ,, very very wet ( i am in the white shivering) photo taken at Jodrel Bank.
Ready for home.jpg

Top Bottom