• A Saturday in Perth

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • A Saturday in Lanark

• A Sunday in Perth

• A Sunday in Lanark

• Anywhere/Anytime - I'm coming riding :)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Seamab

Thanks for the welcome. I'll see you at North Inch as i'll be coming in from Bridge of Earn and then along the harbour road.

Hlab wrote:
Code:
after Inverkeithing to Dunfermline, Gloom Hill in Dollar I think is my favourite hill.
Do you mean the road up to Castle Campbell? That's a serious climb on a bike!

My favourite hill climb in the area on the bike is the B road from Dunning to Yetts O' Muckhart. I'll be doing this in reverse on the way to Perth and looking forward to the view from the top and the descent down to Dunning.

If i'm feeling brave on the way home i might go up the Dragon hill from Dunning to Path of Condie and then Stronachie. Only a maybe....

In a fit of madness i entered the Radar Ride next Sunday which has a few nasty hills to contend with - so i need the practice in suffering.

Seamab said:
Thanks for the welcome. I'll see you at North Inch as i'll be coming in from Bridge of Earn and then along the harbour road.

Hlab wrote:
Code:
after Inverkeithing to Dunfermline, Gloom Hill in Dollar I think is my favourite hill.
Do you mean the road up to Castle Campbell? That's a serious climb on a bike!

My favourite hill climb in the area on the bike is the B road from Dunning to Yetts O' Muckhart. I'll be doing this in reverse on the way to Perth and looking forward to the view from the top and the descent down to Dunning.

If i'm feeling brave on the way home i might go up the Dragon hill from Dunning to Path of Condie and then Stronachie. Only a maybe....

In a fit of madness i entered the Radar Ride next Sunday which has a few nasty hills to contend with - so i need the practice in suffering.
Yeah Up Dollar Glen to Upper Hillfoot Road. I dont think I ve ever been through Dunning Glen from the north, I've always came at it from the Yetts O' Muckhart side to Dunning and back to Path of Condie. I think when I head back I'll follow the road that follows the Water of May to Path of Condie.

I thought about doing the Radar ride but I think I've left it too late to get a start and accomodation.

Seamab

I thought about doing the Radar ride but I think I've left it too late to get a start and accomodation.

I'm just driving there and back on the day. It's only 1h 30min max drive from here. I did the Drumlanrig Challenge (on some of the same roads as the Radar Ride) back in May as my first ever sportive and was surprised by how quick the drive down was.
Yeah Up Dollar Glen to Upper Hillfoot Road

I've not climbed up to the castle this year (too much of a woose). The last time i did it i was bent double over the bars after crossing the cattlegrid at the top car park. Perhaps i should try it tomorrow when i get back as a simulation of the climb up to the radar station...

Jane Smart

The Queen
TechMech said:
Hi Jane, you're most welcome to join us for the next one if tomorrow is too soon for you.

Folks bring all sorts of bikes on our rides, from Racing bikes, Hybrids, and Mountain bikes. Our rides are not a race, just a great day out and no one gets left behind (which I can personally vouch for, as on the first ride it was me at the back :laugh:)

Much appreciated thanks.

How often do these rides take place? Is it monthly?

You have a cracking day for it, not 7am yet and the sun is out in Dunfermline.

Have a great day all.

Jane x:biggrin:

TechMech

Jane Smart said:
Much appreciated thanks.

How often do these rides take place? Is it monthly?

You have a cracking day for it, not 7am yet and the sun is out in Dunfermline.

Have a great day all.

Jane x:biggrin:

We usually try to get out every month for a cycle, but sometimes it's a bit longer in the arranging. Keep and eye on this section of the forums, as i'm sure the location of the next one will be talked about very soon :angry:

TechMech

Thanks to everyone who made it through to Perth, that was a great cycle today :angry:

Here are my stats for the day:

Distance: 48.04 miles
Cycling Time: 3h 32m 09s
Average Speed: 13.5mph
Max Speed: 34.9 mph

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
A great day, thanks to TechMech :biggrin:

He arranged the route, the lunch stop, the later beer stop, the shortcut for the carparkers, the lovely weather etc etc . Top job, Mate :angry:. AND ... we didn't get lost :smile:

My metric stats:
Distance : 70.05km - including a few mini-circuits of the car park to make up to 70 :smile:
Ride time : 3h 29m 24s
Avg speed : 19.15 kph
Max Sp : 49.98kph

This ride is definitely worth repeating, as it's nice and flat, lovely scenery, quiet roads.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
All hail Tech Mech's navigation skills! HLaB's Garmin was positively redundant!

Good old fashioned Imperial stats for me:

Distance: 44.01 miles
Cycling Time: 3h 07m 42s
Average Speed: 14.0mph
Max Speed: 97.1mph (I think my mobile may have got too close to the cycle computer but that's what the computer says so it must be right :angry:)

Great day out, really nice route with some impressive scenery and very quiet roads, worth repeating soon!

Noodley

You all seem to have different distances and different ride times.

Are you sure you all didn't just meet up with strangers and ride with them? :angry:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Noodley said:
You all seem to have different distances and different ride times.

Are you sure you all didn't just meet up with strangers and ride with them? :angry:

We will have synchronize computers before we start next time, I think some of it depends on how many time you turn round and go back to find out where the others have got to, or how many circuits of the car park, or how many time you are sent back across the ford until the photographers get the picture they want... or something like that.

scoosh said:
This ride is definitely worth repeating, as it's nice and flat, lovely scenery, quiet roads.

Are you sure you were on the same ride?? More undulating than flat, flat is terribly boring...

Top Bottom