• A Saturday in Perth

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • A Saturday in Lanark

• A Sunday in Perth

• A Sunday in Lanark

• Anywhere/Anytime - I'm coming riding :)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrRidley

Sorry, sat is out for for me as i have a prior engagement with some dinosaurs at the SECC.

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
HLaB said:
Looks like I could be out for Saturday too, I'd forgotten I'd said to a mate that I'd watch the start of the Tour at his place.
Bring your mate - and watch the re-run @ 1900 :biggrin:

TechMech

I rode part of the route tonight, as after a 3 hour meeting this afternoon I needed to get out for a cycle as soon as I got home.

Anyway, this is the potential food stop for Saturday...

DSCF0060.JPG

...and the opening times....

DSCF0061.JPG

...this place is right in the middle of a built up area with restricted views :ohmy: ...

DSCF0062.JPG

...and some of the locals insisted I take their picture ;) ....

DSCF0065.JPG

That's my mate having to rush up to the north west coast this weekend so it looks like I'm free (ooer) after all. Can somebody refresh my memory please of the current route and where and when we are meeting?

PS good pics Tech Mech

scook94

Veteran
Think this is the route. Meeting at the train station at a time yet to be determind, possibly 10-10:30?

As I haven't done one of these before, what should I bring along that I wouldn't normally on a ride this distance? Thinking plenty enough money for the lunch break and my locks? What else?

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
So final attendees are (in no particular order)(correct me if I'm wrong)...

scook94
HLaB
TechMech
Scoosh
Mrs Scoosh (poss)
HJ
Jim Noir - on doodle as available but hasn't confirmed.
eldudino

Anyone else I've left off?

Time is 10 for 10.30 at the station car park, is this the best place to meet TechMech? I'm possibly taking the train so it's not an issue but parking won't be cheap there, are there any supermarkets that would suit better?

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
eldudino said:
So final attendees are (in no particular order)(correct me if I'm wrong)...

scook94
HLaB
TechMech
Scoosh
Mrs Scoosh (poss)
experiment aka Scoosh jnr
HJ
Mrs HJ ?? :smile:
Jim Noir - on doodle as available but hasn't confirmed.
eldudino

Anyone else I've left off?

Time is 10 for 10.30 at the station car park, is this the best place to meet TechMech? I'm possibly taking the train so it's not an issue but parking won't be cheap there, are there any supermarkets that would suit better?
I'll be bringing the car and think the Asda car park, on the way in to Perth from the M'way, is the preferred option. Is this right, Oh mighty Tech Mech, our local fount of all knowledge - and navigator for the day :blush: ... but I'm sure HLaB will have his GPS with him :smile: :biggrin:.

scoosh said:
I'll be bringing the car and think the Asda car park, on the way in to Perth from the M'way, is the preferred option. Is this right, Oh mighty Tech Mech, our local fount of all knowledge - and navigator for the day :smile: ... but I'm sure HLaB will have his GPS with him xx( :biggrin:.
So we turn right at the Campsies !
I could squeeze the bike in the car and hope it starts or I could take the train, the latter could be the preffered option if alcohol is involved!

TechMech

scoosh said:
I'll be bringing the car and think the Asda car park, on the way in to Perth from the M'way, is the preferred option. Is this right, Oh mighty Tech Mech, our local fount of all knowledge - and navigator for the day :ohmy: ... but I'm sure HLaB will have his GPS with him :biggrin: :biggrin:.

OK folks, as Scoosh says if your coming by car I recommend that you park at the top end of the Adsa car park on the Dunkeld road, as these spaces are rarely if ever used and no jobsworth is going to slap a ticket on you. Using my artistic skills I have created you this handy map....

CCParking.jpg

I will be at the Asda car park for 10 to meet those coming by car, as I've got to come this way from chateau TechMech. Then we'll head down to the start of the North Inch next to Perth Bridge for around 10:30. Those coming by train should cycle directly east and then directly north and meet at the same place on the North Inch. Here's another handy map to show everyone the way....

CCMeet.jpg

With these handy maps i'm really spoiling you :thumbsup: But if you should still get lost on the way I'll PM everyone my mobile number.

Top Bottom