• A Saturday in Perth

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • A Saturday in Lanark

• A Sunday in Perth

• A Sunday in Lanark

• Anywhere/Anytime - I'm coming riding :)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Hmm.... I may be bringing the car. Trains are one an hour and I don't want to risk arriving back from the ride 5 minutes after a train goes then have to wait 55 mins! Plus the train to get there arrives at 9.40 and if I take the car I can bring a flask of tea with me!

Looks like it could be the car :-( There's Engineering works this Saturday
Engineering work starting on 04/07/09 between Edinburgh and Inverness.
spacer.gif

Track improvements and maintenance are taking place from 00:01 on 04/07/09 to 23:59 on 04/07/09 between Edinburgh and Inverness.
spacer.gif

Edinburgh / Inverness services Edinburgh / Inverness Services are diverted to run via Stirling. A replacement Bus Service will operate to / from Perth and Kirkcaldy to connect into / out of Inverness Services calling at Kirkcaldy, Markinch and Ladybank. As a result some trains may be altered causing extended journey times. Further Information is available from the National Rail Enquiries on 08457 48 49 50.

Attachments

• spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    49 bytes · Views: 38
OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
TechMech said:
OK folks, as Scoosh says if your coming by car I recommend that you park at the top end of the Adsa car park on the Dunkeld road, as these spaces are rarely if ever used and no jobsworth is going to slap a ticket on you. Using my artistic skills I have created you this handy map....

I will be at the Asda car park for 10 to meet those coming by car, as I've got to come this way from chateau TechMech. Then we'll head down to the start of the North Inch next to Perth Bridge for around 10:30. Those coming by train should cycle directly east and then directly north and meet at the same place on the North Inch. Here's another handy map to show everyone the way....

With these handy maps i'm really spoiling you :biggrin: But if you should still get lost on the way I'll PM everyone my mobile number.
I think we've found the (permanent ;)) CC Scotland Forum Ride Navigator :biggrin: :biggrin:

What service :smile: !

Does it include getting in the drinks :eek: :biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
scoosh said:
I think we've found the (permanent :o) CC Scotland Forum Ride Navigator :biggrin: :biggrin:

What service :wacko: !

Does it include getting in the drinks :biggrin: :biggrin:

Aye but can we keep up with him... :biggrin:

Jane Smart

The Queen
Hi

being new to cycling, ( some of you may have read my introduction thread ) and new to this forum, may I ask on your day out tomorrow ( which I cannot manage ) do you use racing bikes or is it all sorts?

I wouldn't mind joining you all at some point, probably tomorrows would be too soon for me anyway, as I have only reached the 22 mile stage in one go and only been cycling for a couple of weeks. I only bought myself a bike last Friday, so that is how new I am to all this.

Jane x

Seamab

Hi, just joined the forum and would like to join you for this ride tomorrow if that's OK. Is the meeting place at North Inch where the war memorial/statue thing is?
I live in Dollar and am looking to get some miles in so i'll cycle to and from Perth.

I've been up Glenalmond before (saw some red squirrels last time) but not round the Glenshee loop.

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Welcome to the both of youse :welcome:

Do please come out with us tomorrow - it's a friendly, social ride :bicycle: at a pace to suit everyone :tongue:. We've had beginners to ... well HLaB - but he usually gets a bit lost :blush:, so gets reigned in fairly easily. ;)

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Seamab said:
Hi, just joined the forum and would like to join you for this ride tomorrow if that's OK. Is the meeting place at North Inch where the war memorial/statue thing is?
I live in Dollar and am looking to get some miles in so i'll cycle to and from Perth.

I've been up Glenalmond before (saw some red squirrels last time) but not round the Glenshee loop.

It'd be good to meet a new CC member, see you tomorrow!

Jane Smart said:
Hi

being new to cycling, ( some of you may have read my introduction thread ) and new to this forum, may I ask on your day out tomorrow ( which I cannot manage ) do you use racing bikes or is it all sorts?

I wouldn't mind joining you all at some point, probably tomorrows would be too soon for me anyway, as I have only reached the 22 mile stage in one go and only been cycling for a couple of weeks. I only bought myself a bike last Friday, so that is how new I am to all this.

Jane x

Jane I'm on a road bike as a few others, we also have different types of bikes and hope we all have a grand time, hope to see you on a ride soon.

Seamab said:

Welcome Seamab, glad to have you along; after Inverkeithing to Dunfermline, Gloom Hill in Dollar I think is my favourite hill. We are meeting at the rail Station in Perth.

MrRidley

Hope you all have a good day tomorrow and pleasant weather, i'm pretty mad i wont make it as i had great fun on the last couple of rides, i will be be lucky to get any miles at all tomorrow, but i've a game of golf booked for 6am :welcome: so enjoy and may the wind be at your backs.

TechMech

Seamab said:

Hi mate, you are most welcome to join us tomorrow.

You can meet folks at the train station/Asda car park for around 10, or at the memorial bit of the North Inch at 10:30 ish. I'll PM you my mobile number just in case.

TechMech

Jane Smart said:
Hi

Jane x

Hi Jane, you're most welcome to join us for the next one if tomorrow is too soon for you.

Folks bring all sorts of bikes on our rides, from Racing bikes, Hybrids, and Mountain bikes. Our rides are not a race, just a great day out and no one gets left behind (which I can personally vouch for, as on the first ride it was me at the back :welcome:)

Top Bottom