Nutter or brave - you decide.

Nutter or brave - there's no middle ground IMHO

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
If he can't get his head round the idea of falling off and suffering the consequences, he is either young or a nutter. Since he can't, he doesn't qualify as brave.

An old git has spoken. Thank you for listening.

{ reaches for mug of cocoa}

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
[QUOTE 3029843, member: 30090"]Better then 'brave' or 'nutter' which are the words that form the opinions of the ignorant when watching this type of video.

Saying 'he's a nutter!!' takes away from the rider the sheer level of skill involved when riding such a course.[/QUOTE]
The level of skill is not being questioned, just the mental state of an obvious nutter.

Shaun

Founder
Even without his flamethrowers he's a pieromaniac.

I thought to myself: "What's Vernon doing wandering around building piers for?". Then I re-read it a few times and finally "got" it - pieromaniac. :biggrin:

Oh and the lad on the bike? Skilled, brave nutter. Even as a daft young lad I would never have attempted anything like that. It was enough of a thrill zooming up and down the mud piles on the local building site. :thumbsup:

I would love to see it from a spectator's perspective though.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
He's definitely a nutter. CC voters have said so.

Pieromania might well grip me tomorrow or Thursday - I have a mint condition pie dolly that needs christening. It's vying with pyromania for my attention as I've spotted an opportunity to unleash my flame thrower on a ground clearing project.

There's only one way to find out the winner but it will have to keep until the morrow.

Cubist

Still wavin'
I thought to myself: "What's Vernon doing wandering around building piers for?". Then I re-read it a few times and finally "got" it - pieromaniac. :biggrin:

Oh and the lad on the bike? Skilled, brave nutter. Even as a daft young lad I would never have attempted anything like that. It was enough of a thrill zooming up and down the mud piles on the local building site. :thumbsup:

I would love to see it from a spectator's perspective though.
Redbull rampage. For those of you who reckoned it looks worse than it is, well, I'm afraid you're wrong.

@deptfordmarmoset , its compacted because all the riders dig their own transitions, lips and landers. The woodwork is put there for them, but they choose and dig their own lines,.

View: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NxYvJAQyH3s

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was wondering about the spectators. If he screwed up, wouldn't he have knocked them off like a load of skittles into the void?
I got chatting to a woman who ran a stall at Hebden Bridge market a few years back. She had both legs in plaster. She told me that her legs had got shattered at the Isle of Man TT. She hadn't fallen off her motorbike ... she had been standing on the outside of a fast bend when a rider fell off his! :eek:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
If he can't get his head round the idea of falling off and suffering the consequences, he is either young or a nutter. Since he can't, he doesn't qualify as brave.

An old git has spoken. Thank you for listening.

{ reaches for mug of cocoa}

I reckon he knows fine well what he is doing and what the consequences are.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The course looks very well worn, so this rider knew that others had already ridden the course sucessfully.
The guy with real nuts was the first one to ride it.

Cubist

Still wavin'
The course looks very well worn, so this rider knew that others had already ridden the course sucessfully.
The guy with real nuts was the first one to ride it.

The riders spend days before the event choosing their own lines down the mountain. They take trail architects and spades with them to work out how they get to the bottom, and what moves they'll do on the way down. This clip from Gee Atherton gives a bit more of an insight into their skill and courage.

View: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fZDEU4iwYso

Top Bottom