Odd things stolen.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JMAG

Über Member
My wife was burgled whilst at university and one of the items stolen was the landline telephone. The police attending were very sympathetic, but were probably bemused when my wife asked "What if my mum calls and the burglars answer the phone? She'll have a heart attack."

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
My wife was burgled whilst at university and one of the items stolen was the landline telephone. The police attending were very sympathetic, but were probably bemused when my wife asked "What if my mum calls and the burglars answer the phone? She'll have a heart attack."

'If you know the number, why don't you just phone up to see who it is??' :whistle:

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
When I was a student our house was broken into.

They stole bits and pieces; going through my record/CD collection and taking one item only :wacko: . For info: it was a Wilson Phillips CD - both they and I had no taste in 1990.

Others in the house had strange items taken as well!

The basement flat I shared as a student was burgled while we were out. They took a fair amount of stuff, but the only thing of mine missing was a pair of pyjamas. Very strange.

colly

Re member eR
I had the door seal/trim stolen from the side door of a van I had. The door was open while I went to get what needed loading into the van. I came out of the house to see some scote just yanking off the last bit. He saw me and legged it down the road. By the time I had put down what I was carrying and got to the front gate he was 40 yards away and I had no chance of catching him.

I know why he nicked it..............a new one was over £70. :sad:

ayceejay

Guru
A friend of mine had an early morning call from someone who lived 15 miles away.
"Can you move your truck from my driveway" he said, the name and phone number as written on the side.
He jumped out of bed and went to the window, he was sure he would see his truck where he had parked it.
Anyway he eventually cottoned on that his new truck had been stolen and went to pick it up, he got in the truck
started it up but couldn't find the gear stick. The thieves had removed the gear box!

We were paranoid after a few local burglaries so I had the windows and doors burglar proofed by Banham, the
number one for this kind of thing we got back from shopping one day and there was the front door lying flat
onthe floor inside the house, it had a huge footprint on it.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
We once had a kango nicked out the back of our van by some little scroat on a pushbike, not particularly funny at the time but seeing this young lad off like hell with a heavy breaker over one shoulder whilst looking at us chasing him is quite amusing nowadays

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
We had the cowling nicked from our car wing mirrors, I thought that was odd until Nissan quoted £100 each for new ones, these were just the plain black plastic, colour matched would have more!

I nearly went on the prowl with a screwdriver for the same car myself.

I found a pair in a scrappers for £30, the scrap lads told me that they are a v popular request as new ones inexplicably cost a fortune & lots get stolen from parked cars.

D

Deleted member 1258

The post above reminds me that we had the back gate stolen from our first house, we had been on holiday and got back late, the next morning I'm having breakfast when My Good Lady pointed out that the gate was missing, the thing is there was no back gate when we moved in and I had cobbled a gate together out of scrap plywood and it was this that they nicked.

Drago

Legendary Member
When I was a student our house was broken into.

They stole bits and pieces; going through my record/CD collection and taking one item only :wacko: . For info: it was a Wilson Phillips CD - both they and I had no taste in 1990.

Others in the house had strange items taken as well!

I don't know what's worse. Them stealing it or you owning it in the first place!

Top Bottom