Odd things stolen.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ClichéGuevara

ClichéGuevara

Legendary Member
In the mid nineties my local had CCTV installed overlooking the car park.

It was there a week before every camera was nicked

Reminds me of a shop near us that had their guard dog nicked a few years back.

There's some good images going around of thieves nicking CCTV, without realising the recorder is independent.

I love this one.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Reminds me of a shop near us that had their guard dog nicked a few years back.

There's some good images going around of thieves nicking CCTV, without realising the recorder is independent.

I love this one.

'He's still not been caught'

I don't know what that says about the Police, but it can't be very good!

Also I like the woman at the end going

'Umm, on second thoughts, I'll come back later'.

Myself and a group of mates were in a pub near me, all of a sudden, the landlord goes into one. Someone had nicked the telephone. I was standing next to it at the time and hadn't noticed a thing. It was one of those massive yellow ones with the money in a box underneath.

Must have really need a couple of quid in change.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I had a windscreen wiper nicked from my car once. They only took one when both were nearly new.

I once had a driveway nicked and my neighbour watched them take it

gbb

Legendary Member
Not very remarkable to have a bike stolen like my mate did at work once...what was odd was they left a kids bike in its place :laugh:.
He was on nights, locked his bike In the sheds, came out in the morning....
'Ok ok, youve had your fun, wheres my bike' he asked...
No-one ever admitted it so we assumed someone stole a kids bike that night, then saw his and fancied it was a better option.

Hyslop

Veteran
Okay, theft is wrong, but there can be a funny side to it on occasions.

Reading another thead on here, where someone said people would steal your back teeth, reminded me of a couple of odd things I heard of being nicked.

The first was a lad I knew that had his teeth stolen in our local.

He was a bit of an oddity anyway that saved money by nicking the lamps out of streetlights back in the days when they used ordinary lamps. It seems he was worried about someone nicking his pint when he went to the toilet, so he dropped his false teeth in it. When he came back, his pint was there, but no dentures.

Another involved an initiative by the local crime prevention team. They sited life size cut out images of Police men in stores to remind thieves they were being watched, and encourage people to be vigilant.

It was stolen very early on its career. To add to the humour side of it, the Police didn't publicise it, as when the same thing happened in another force, the life size cut out appeared all over social media sites, being photographed at loads of different parties, and the Police still couldn't find it.

I'm sure there are some better ones out there.
Some years ago,sitting in the reception area of The George Hotel in Penrith,I watched a seriously incontinent chap make his way urgently to the loo and the n return outside to his car.Each time,on his return he was doubled up and clutching his stomach.Being a trained observer this seemed odd,wrong way round thinks I to myself.Shortly after his performance came a female,similarly afflicted.How odd?The conundrum was solved by a solid Cumbrian farm lass working as a Receptionist who marched them both back into the hotel, along with all the loo rolls theyd pinched!

Profpointy

Legendary Member
a place I used to live in was burgled a little while before I myself moved in. The burglars had likely been attracted by what appeared to be a high quality hifi system back to the window. However it had been in a fire, and all the knobs on the graphic equaliser had melted and had been replaced by the tops off toothpaste tubes. They rummaged around a bit then broke my mate's soldering iron using it to lever open (the landlord's) locked cupboard - which contained a number of old tins of dried out paint. Nothing was actually stolen, or worth stealing for that matter.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
When I was a student our house was broken into.

They stole bits and pieces; going through my record/CD collection and taking one item only :wacko: . For info: it was a Wilson Phillips CD - both they and I had no taste in 1990.

Others in the house had strange items taken as well!
Not this record then ?

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
I had my car stolen from a garage where it was being serviced. The thieves took out the passenger seat and used it to move an acetylene cylinder to somewhere where they used it to open a safe. I got the car back and the police took a lot more interest than if it was a simple car theft.

Top Bottom