England : Derbyshire Peak District incl Holme Moss Saturday May 30: 0900 start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Otherwise you would have been there on your ss :whistle:.
BTW I have it on good authority that you cannot be a single speed hipster, only fixed :tongue:.
I am a trend setter TF, you'll all be following me into the freewheel club before too much longer, I have already converted @skudupnorth :whistle:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
You'll all be pleased to know that @Kestevan 's modification out of Holmfirth added a few miles and quite a bit of climbing (so please send him the hate mail, not me). So I've modified the route out of Tideswell to counterbalance this a bit. I suspect 68 miles @100ft/mile climbing is enough for anyone.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Right. I've got the all clear from the boss - so barring anything orrible I'm in.

Great stuff. I've got the cafes organised and a fab Glossop pub to have a couple of beers in at the end of the ride. We just need to give a nudge to riders who might like this sort of ride who maybe haven't seen the thread.

The way that the ride will work is we'll stick together on all the rolling bits. On the proper climbs (there are seven) each rider goes at their own pace and we wait at the top to regroup, let the slowest rider have a breather, then we're off together again. This way the goats get a good workout

Which CCers might fancy this?

Last edited:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Hovering after missing out on the Welsh jaunt

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
and here's the café stops and final pub stop in Glossop

Bank View Café, Langsett

Bq-jsOUIQAEFfxS.jpg

Vanilla Kitchen Café in "The Cathedral in The Peak"....Tideswell

5705250_orig.jpg

Finally....a proper Robinson pub in Glossop, The Oakwood
61246635.jpg

Attachments

• Bq-jsOUIQAEFfxS.jpg
    Bq-jsOUIQAEFfxS.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 5705250_orig.jpg
    5705250_orig.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 61246635.jpg
    61246635.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Shameless bump to let you know I've incorporated the "Kestervan Variation" into the route. We're now at 66.5 miles with 6,300ft of climbing. So it's shorter.....and *cough* flatter

The climbing is also a bit front-end-loaded which I prefer. First 33 miles has 3,500ft of climbing, second 33 miles has 2,800ft of climbing. So whilst the second half certainly isn't flat it will feel quite a bit easier than the first half and the prevailing wind is a tailwind the last 10 miles or so

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I would have been interested (if I could have scrounged lifts to and from the ride) but an unfortunate clash of dates means that I am busy doing my own forum ride that day.

Both are excellent routes, so anybody in this neck of the woods who fancies a challenging ride in good company and with fantastic scenery, sign up for one or t'other! :smile:

Top Bottom