Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians Pedal on parliament 2014 - 26th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
That was quite a turn-out, in general and from CC Ecosse :smile:
I'll try to remember in the order I came across them ...@snorri, @HJ, @magnatom, @goo_mason, @Scoosh - both sporting CC regalia :thumbsup:, @fimm (nice to finally meet you!) at the start and again at Parliament, and @Louch, @ShooglyDougie at the CC Ecosse cake stop ... and finally @Pat "5mph" & @Ellebells & lots of Belles arriving late after too many mechanicals along the way - all fixed:bravo: ... that's 11 including me :biggrin: (and maybe others we never saw)

T

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Here's to doubling that number next year :smile: I'm seeing a difference between last year and now re cycling space. Keith brown was right to point out how good clackmannanshire has it

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Well we managed to do PoP without any rain ... just. :thumbsup:

Great to meet @fimm (looking very glamorous :smile:) before the start but lost her going down the Mile :sad:, so I rode with @goo_mason and my friend Adrian (not yet on CC); had chatted to @HJ and the Mighty Magnatom :wahhey: and @Telemark before the start and was delighted to see a hungry-looking @Louch and @ShooglyDougie with a nose for CAKE :hungry: once at the Parliament; @snorri had come all the way from Inverness - via London but I didn't see any of the Glesga contingent :sad:, though I see from a post above that they had some 'issues' along the way :sad:, which meant that I returned home with florentines, cheesey biscuits and CAKE :hungry:, which have mostly managed to survive the evening ...

Good ride for Louch, though not eating enough =
smiley-violent108.gif
!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Greetings!
What a day, only done 30 miles, feel like I've been mountain biking on Ben Nevis!
Some Belles never made it in time for Pop, everybody was gone, but we still pedaled to Parliament. :bicycle:
We had a Mexican Belle with us, could not miss showing her Holyrood.
She had a flat, her new spare inner bought with the bike in Barcelona was ripped :ohmy: just as well mine fitted her wheel: we now know that a 26 inner fits a 29er wheel no probs :thumbsup:
Lots of other mechanicals on the muddy canal, we also had to take a detour as it was closed off for works at Linlithgow, our starting point!
Got great pictures from the day though :biggrin: See them here.
Lovely to meet @snorri a gentleman in the flesh as in his posts: he never mentioned my less than ladylike muddy hands :laugh: I was after fixing 3 deflations, no place to clean up.
Nice to meet @fimm too: sorry we never had much time to talk, we were all longing for a hot drink :hello:
Apologies too to @DougieAB ( I think it was him, young Dougie anyway) ... I mixed him up with @Cameronmu917772 :laugh:
Well, was trying to get the Belles started on our way, never an easy task!

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I have made up for the eating since I got home. Was more running out of water as I reached kincardine that bothered me, having grown up in clackmannan though I knew that was a place even my bikes chain would get taken withnthe bike!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Well we managed to do PoP without any rain ... just. :thumbsup:

Great to meet @fimm (looking very glamorous :smile:) before the start but lost her going down the Mile :sad:, so I rode with @goo_mason and my friend Adrian (not yet on CC); had chatted to @HJ and the Mighty Magnatom :wahhey: and @Telemark before the start and was delighted to see a hungry-looking @Louch and @ShooglyDougie with a nose for CAKE :hungry: once at the Parliament; @snorri had come all the way from Inverness - via London but I didn't see any of the Glesga contingent :sad:, though I see from a post above that they had some 'issues' along the way :sad:, which meant that I returned home with florentines, cheesey biscuits and CAKE :hungry:, which have mostly managed to survive the evening ...

Good ride for Louch, though not eating enough =
smiley-violent108.gif
!

Did you see us all on the news footage tonight? You, me, @fimm, @Louch, @Telemark et al.

Scoosh and I did our annual CC advertising, even though he seemed to be lying down on the job ;-)

14019227191_974066f9ae_b.jpg David was very laid-back about the whole thing.. by Leith Podcaster, on Flickr

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:becool:

^_^

Didn't know my pic was being took ! :ohmy:

snorri

Legendary Member
I'm back north of the Highland line now:smile:.
It was good to see so many CCers in the flesh, thank you to Scoosh who was there with an excellent sugar boost just when I needed it. To Pat and her Belles whose smiles warmed up a :cold: day even after their difficult trip from the West, and particularly to Telemark and HJ for their hospitality.:smile:
Well done to the PoP2014 organisers who had gathered an impressive line-up of politicians who now must be more than ever aware of the cycling lobby.
Interesting to see the SNP had their top Transport man in the line-up this year after his deputy got a bit of a slating from the crowd last year^_^.

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Keith brown shoud be using clackmannanshire as the demonstration of what can be done. Maybe we are spoiled with the disused rail tracks from the closed mines, but you can now pretty much lap the full county off of the road.

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
question for the more in the know members, are invitations for this sent to Cycling clubs? I didnt have anything sent on from Stirling cycing club( who send me emails, but wont let me join their forum) .

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
@Louch, as far as I know, information is being sent to cycling clubs (all PoP could find, and Scottish Cycling & British Cycling - I know the latter sent an e-mail to all their members). Unfortunately, the PoP organisers very rarely hear back from any of the clubs, and it's up to them what they pass on to their members ...

If some of you are club members, and your clubs didn't send you info on PoP, maybe you want to mention to your e-mail senders that you would appreciate being told about PoP in your newsletters?
:thumbsup:

T

Last edited:
Top Bottom