Pick-up trucks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The local Scooby garage has a Scooby converted to a pick up !
SAABs go that way too

'Fleur dys Lys' car club show
Thornes Park (Wakefield)
P7071055.JPG

Not a pick-up, but rare
DSCF0488.JPG DSCF0490.JPG

tyred

Legendary Member
I want:
MG_0263-2.jpg

Or
renault-4-pickup-03.jpg

7490423078_59ec1a5104_b.jpg

MK1 VW Caddy. I've owned one of the these for many years although I tend to only tax it for the summer now to keep it away from salt. Sadly it's not in the condition this one is but it's not too bad for 25 year old. 1.6 NA diesel engine, not much get up and go but 60mpg is achieveable and it will take a half ton payload. Drives just like any other MK1 Golf really, sadly they cut the legroom available to make the load are larger so I find it a little cramped on long journeys, it sits high and is reasonably competent off road.

A very practical vehicle which is easy on fuel and cheap to maintain. Sadly apart from the Skoda Favorit thing (is that still available?) the only new pickups on the market today are big clumsy 4wd things that I don't want or need.
I've seen loads of similar stuff in use here in Brazil. Though having had a search the only newer ones I can find is the VW Saveiro (which seems very 'lifestyle') and Fiat Strada
Chevy may have something too with it's LUV
6a00d83451b3c669e201a3fccb4870970b-800wi.jpg

MarkF

Guru
I'd have one, I like utility vehicles and have no interest in normal cars, I've had a Renault 4, Berlingo and a Jeep in the past. A 2WD Ford Ranger starts at about £18k, that looks very cheap to me compared to regular cars.

26612121059.jpg

Attachments

• 26612121059.jpg
    26612121059.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 17

Drago

Legendary Member
Indeed. 20 grand gets you a bit of a crap spec Golf, or an L200 with leather, climate, heated steering wheel etc. Hell, you could pay more than that for a top flight Fester or Corsa.

http://www.bmj.com/content/333/7558/71

The article that is quoted in the media is this one.

Interesting data, poorly written and interpreted by the author though. The fact it is written by an undergraduate explains some of the silly illogical conclusions made, but it is certainly an interesting dataset.

The author suggests that you're more likely to have an accident if you have a 4x4, or SUV. Not that 4x4s and SUVs attract more nobbers.

Top Bottom