Pointlessly Gendered Product - Christmas Competition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
But this thread is about pointlessly gendered products, so it could be argued that what you said about your unfortunate "date" was completely unnecessary as well as being unkind...

Although based on an fact it was a joke, a gag. It's not like you take what I or anyone else writes on these pages seriously. If you are offended in anyway please feel free not read my posts or put me on your ignore list.

Ganymede

Veteran
Although based on an fact it was a joke, a gag. It's not like you take what I or anyone else writes on these pages seriously. If you are offended in anyway please feel free not read my posts or put me on your ignore list.
I don't want to put you on my ignore list, I like your posts usually. I just said to you what I would say in an ordinary conversation.

Toys R Us

Toys for 5 – 7 year olds

by gender

Just clicked those links. Toys R Us are idiots. The same Playdoh is in both girls and boys list, but not unisex, but this is apparently a unisex item ....

8844655198238.jpg

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Just clicked those links. Toys R Us are idiots. The same Playdoh is in both girls and boys list, but not unisex, but this is apparently a unisex item ....

8844655198238.jpg

Yep the categorizations on the website appear to be random - I think that's as much about the website being duff asabout gendered expectations - but the idea about the proportion of toys that one might expect to be labelled as "boys'" or "girls'" or "unisex" is interesting. And to go into a Toys R Us store is one of the most depressing shopping experiences available. Although admittedly the persistence of rigid gender norms is only one of many things that is depressing about it.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General

8844655198238.jpg
Isn't that the Grayson Perry Fancy Dress outfit? :smile:

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Toys are too easy a target, with the exception of the toy (please?) rifles earlier on in this thread.

More imagination needed. Pink Christmas stocking for a dog is currently favourite, but without photos and clear evidence of gender specifity it is a sitting duck.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Toys are too easy a target, with the exception of the toy (please?) rifles earlier on in this thread.

More imagination needed. Pink Christmas stocking for a dog is currently favourite, but without photos and clear evidence of gender specifity it is a sitting duck.
Here's the screenshot of the page for those who don't want to follow the link:

pink.png

Top Bottom