Ride - Sat 17 January 2009 - South Birmingham/Warwickshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robgul

Legendary Member
OK - we seem to have a level of interest from the "West Midlands ride" thread - I've said I'll organise/lead a ride .... and I'll put the word around a bit too with some of the clubs and groups I frequent.

Suggested plan for Saturday 17 January

• Meet at Earlswood Station (Stratford - Snow Hill - Stourbridge line) at 1000 for 1015 prompt departure (this time works for the trains - from either direction, they pass each other at about 0954) - parking is available. The time should also allow any frost or ice to clear. All of the ride will be on-road.
  • Ride approx 20 - 22 miles at "touring pace" ... and nobody gets left behind, for an early-ish cafe or pub lunch.
  • Ride approx 10 - 15 miles back to Earlswood, with optional tea and cakes at the Garden Centre next to the station.

I will maintain the list here of the people who have said they are interested - either post in this thread or PM me to add/subtract yourself. If the committed number drops below 5 on the day before the ride we'll abandon the idea.

Rob
User
Caz
Will 1985
Dave5N
Upsidedown
Young Un
Buggi
Rhythm Thief (+ poss Mrs Rhythm Thief)

... just need it not to rain!

Rob

Dave5N

Über Member
Not too bothered by rain - snow or frost isn't so good.

Thanks and well done, Robgul. Without you it would just have been a thread so far.

Gary D

I'm interested too - its in the diary :smile:

However, as Mr Paul said, it is down to kids parties or their other busy social commitments etc :biggrin: :biggrin:

Gary.

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
Gary D said:
I'm interested too - its in the diary :smile:

However, as Mr Paul said, it is down to kids parties or their other busy social commitments etc :blush: :blush:

Gary.

No problem - the list of riders is growing from various sources - I'll publish a complete list a bit nearer the time, together with some route details etc

Rob

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
Young Un said:
Still up for this - where will we be eating and how much do you reckon it would cost?

Steve

Dunno - route planning is not complete - possibly a cafe that has a pub about 50 yards away, thus catering for all tastes.

As to cost - depends on what you want - sandwich + drink probably £5 - 6 or so.

I'll post some route details nearer the time.

Rob

Top Bottom