Ride - Sat 17 January 2009 - South Birmingham/Warwickshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
I might not be able to come on Saturday - I got knocked off on Bristol Rd at midday and spent 3 hours in casualty. Feeling pretty sore and my fixed is trashed :biggrin:

Will1985

Über Member
You'll know the location well User - I was cycling into the city on Bristol Rd from Bournbrook. I was already up to about 40km/h and got hit as a car pulled out of Edgbaston Park Road to go across and right. Luckily I was in primary and I hit the front wing; any further back on the car and it would have been more serious.

Sorted details out and the driver took me to casualty - I had a cut on my left knee, badly grazed lateral right thigh/hip and a sore left wrist which was x-rayed. No fracture, just sprain and heavy bruising so I am very lucky. Needs to be kept elevated so I'm stuck doing everything with just one hand.

If I can, I might drive to Earlswood to say hello and bring caz's jersey.

mossy

Will,sorry to hear of your accident.Glad you're ok though.
I hate the Bristol road .Thats why I go on the train these days.
Sorry not to meet up this weekend.
Best wishes

Will1985

Über Member
I'm hurting. Can't move very well and I tried to move the car out onto the road earlier and found gears painful. I'll still try to make an appearance tomorrow.

Dave5N

Über Member
Nothing unusual. Nothing about the driver's behaviour. Just questions about why you didn't see him and stop to let him pull out.

Just barge her over in the corridor sometime.

I'm doubtful for tomorrow as well. This bloody cold has left me feeling absolutely wiped out.

Will1985

Über Member
Damn right she needs barging - has she never heard of right of way? I wonder if she knows that pedestrians crossing a minor road at a junction have right of way over a car turning into it? Oh wait, no.....the motorised cage rules the roads!

Young Un

Some pics:
d70b7a65.jpg

d95bf923.jpg

Young Un

Yup was a good ride - absolutely shattered now though as I rode home so did 48 miles. Some of the lanes were not to my liking though, with some being very muddy and stoney down the middle, but appart from that the route was excellent, and a BIG THANK YOU to rob for organising it!

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
longers said:
Looks like a good turnout :blush:

Good day out?

Started out with 19 or 20 riders ... various reasons for some chaps peeling off along the way (and acquiring someone who tagged along after the lunch stop)

Morning sunny and crisp, strong SW-ish wind - after lunch noticeably colder but wind assisted for most of it

Rob

Top Bottom