Road World Championships (Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Origamist

Legendary Member
That was a frustrating race. One of those ones were you're shouting at the telly.

The only time I shouted at the telly was when the chap on the mtb looked like he was going to overtake the peloton.

Agree with FM - looked like a Vos lead out, but I thought I was just being cynical at the time.

Last edited:

400bhp

Guru
All scared of vos and were scared of going first. Real noddy errors by 3 of the 4 in the lead group.

Looking at it from above, it really looks like Vos was actually collaborating with and leading out Prévot, even though they are supposed to be racing for nations today. Dubious. Her national coach is going to be even more annoyed now.
Watched it a few times now and there's no doubt. Vos waited for her and then led her out.

The Couch

Über Member
Really boring race, which I mostly blame the parcours (and a little bit the riders who were to afraid to go from too far out)

Only from the attack of Johanson it got interesting, the whole last climb through LA looked mighty impressive (always in the front and that last pull after Emma), but she apparently didn't want to risk pulling the group of 4 either.

Let's hope there are more adventurous men in tomorrow's final
(that attack in bigger groups than 1 - which happened too much in the women final 50km -)

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Thier cycling coverage is awful, I'm going to proxy the UCI channel and hope they have that dutch commentator who knows her stuff.

If you are using hola, choose Netherlands.
She's back on the BBC today. I keep missing her name so someone better informed might tell me....

I just heard that 13 women were taken to hospital after that crash yesterday and one ended up with a broken pelvis.

Meanwhile it's damp and greasy so let's hope it dries out soon.

Isn't it about time that the Worlds were held in the UK again ? The contrast between what we could stage now and what we managed at Goodwood would be huge. Would be nice to see Lizzie repeat the home win of Mandy Jones.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Filthy weather in Spain
Thankfully it stayed dry for Wiggo on Wednesdaay

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Could they not manage to find some decent pundits for the coverage, these ladies are incredibly dull and don't seem to know the riders. Would much rather have Sean Kelly or someone who knows there stuff rather than this drivel

Top Bottom