Road World Championships (Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Yeah he was still national champion then wiggins beat him in june at nationals

OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Odd there is no women's itt long list. The statement from BC was also a bit rubbish as well.

Supposedly BC have decided not to enter any senior women for the TT as they think there is no-one with a chance of winning a medal. Pooley's up in arms about it, and quite rightly too. It's like the BOC not filling quotas for 2012 - surely you give your elite a chance and some experience at least, and make sure you're represented.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Odd there is no women's itt long list. The statement from BC was also a bit rubbish as well.

Can anyone beat Tony Martin? And why is Wiggo a shoo in compared to Dowsett the national TT champion?
Wiggins is a shoe after smashing dowsett in this years national TT down here in sunny south wales. I was there to see it and wiggo just murdered the field.

Dowsett may have broken the record for a 10tt recently but he was nowhere in the national

MisterStan

Label Required
Wiggins is a shoe after smashing dowsett in this years national TT down here in sunny south wales. I was there to see it and wiggo just murdered the field.

Dowsett may have broken the record for a 10tt recently but he was nowhere in the national
Dowsett took the bronze, hardly nowhere.

Supposedly BC have decided not to enter any senior women for the TT as they think there is no-one with a chance of winning a medal. Pooley's up in arms about it, and quite rightly too. It's like the BOC not filling quotas for 2012 - surely you give your elite a chance and some experience at least, and make sure you're represented.
Shocking, I was just talking with some elite road race women yesterday and they are angry and dismayed. I really don't get it, for a nation supposedly strong in cycling this sends out entirely the wrong message. The Dave Brailsford legacy of never entering anyone in anything who does not [in BC's opinion] have a chance of winning a medal continues, and let's not get started on why women have to race a shorter distance.

OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
... never entering anyone in anything who does not [in BC's opinion] have a chance of winning a medal continues...

I think this is really short sighted as well. Those that are winning medals now are doing so because they're seriously quick, but also because they've built up the big competition experience - not just the race itself, but the whole thing of going there, understanding what's going on and so on.

And it really doesn't send the message that BC are serious about commitment to women's cycling.

SWSteve

Guru
If you're looking to progress, you want to have something to aim to - in anything, not just sport - so when the opportunities to put the hard graft in aren't only not available, but are actively taken away from you, what do you have to aim for and work towards? Shocking from BC

montage

God Almighty
Gerrans looking very in form. Cancellara is also bound to try something spectacular.
Kennaugh also looking great if you fancy placing a bet on a UK rider, I would say more so than Swift

IanG1

Anyone know if worlds are on TV? Quick look on the sky planner and can't find anything for Sundays TTT in the usual places?

IanG1

No TTT on the bbc, best I can find is the UCI Youtube channel who are streaming everything live.

Top Bottom