Road World Championships (Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I've copied this from the predictions thread where I first posted it....I thought I'd also add it here...
I'm going early with my worlds prediction and with a hint of nationalistic prejudice ;) but I'm going for an Irish winner, this is our best team for years Roche, Deignan and Dan Martin all in cracking form, the course isn't brillant but not something Dan Martin can't make work for him and with only 3 in the team it will be difficult but nothing is impossible....:thumbsup:
so
Dan Martin
but to be honest a top 3 at the worlds would be brillant for Ireland....

Good start for the Irish - Ryan Mullen less than half a second off the title in the U23 ITT!

Winner was an Aussie with the brilliant sounds-like-a-firm-of-architects name Campbell Flakemore.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
And Macey Stewart, another Aussie, won the junior women's ITT.

Makes me kind of glad OGE didn't win the TTT yesterday.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
All about the Germans today - Lisa Brennauer takes the women's ITT title.

Men's junior TT title goes to Lennard Kamna, who looks almost too German, like he's Marcel Kittel's little brother or something.

OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Quote from Google search result for today's elite women's ITT:

BBC: "Olympic champion Sir Bradley Wiggins says his form is "better than ever" as he ... wins the women's individual time trial at the World Championships in Spain".

Sometimes Google's summarising doesn't quite work...

Last edited:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Still think it was utterly ridiculous and also rather disrespectful of the whole idea of the World Championships that GB did not entire a single woman for the TT. I mean, Japan had two (competitive) entrants FFS...

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I think the \UCI Youtube channel will have a full replay - https://www.youtube.com/user/ucichannel

Top Bottom