Roubaix - hit and run

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
See Accident Advice in commuting & Utility Cycling. Also tagged under the same.

classic33

Leg End Member
Anything?
68.jpg

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Alright, Im back home. X-Rays came out clear no fractures or broken bones. No nerve damage to speak of, joints are absolutely fine. All it is, is soft tissue damage from the impact of the fall. been given a wrist brace to stop my wrist moving around too much and causing a lot of pain which will happen tomorrow when i wake up due to the swelling.

Should i head out to the police now to fill out the paper work or should i rest and wait till tomorrow? police station is 5-10mins down the road from where i live

Mrs M

Guru
I'd rest up and sleep on it for now.
Good to hear no broken bones or nerve damage :smile:

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Had a bit of a joke with the nurse who was attending to me...

"Do you want me to clean up your grazes"
"Nah, I can do that at home with TCP.......on second thoughts sure why not?? I pay my taxes, I might as well get cleaned up!"

Im glad im in one peice. I havent had a serious look a the bike yet but i'll do that now while having a cup of tea. I think the mudguards got a little bent up and we rubbing on the wheels hence why i couldnt ride it home. I dont think the damage to the bike was that serious and shouldnt cost a lot to fix (fingers crossed)

classic33

Leg End Member
Had a bit of a joke with the nurse who was attending to me...

"Do you want me to clean up your grazes"
"Nah, I can do that at home with TCP.......on second thoughts sure why not?? I pay my taxes, I might as well get cleaned up!"

Im glad im in one peice. I havent had a serious look a the bike yet but i'll do that now while having a cup of tea. I think the mudguards got a little bent up and we rubbing on the wheels hence why i couldnt ride it home. I dont think the damage to the bike was that serious and shouldnt cost a lot to fix (fingers crossed)
Glad you're okay, but leave the bike for now.

As mentioned by others get what you have on paper. That'll keep you occupied for a bit.

Have a read of these
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/accident-advice.151618/ & https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/statement-template.53277/

Last edited:

Origamist

Legendary Member
You'll most likely feel worse tomorrow than you do today, so have painkillers at the ready.

I'd not expect too much of the Met, I'm afraid. Probably best not to make the footage publicly available at the moment. If you do, password protect it and send it only to people whose judgement you trust.

Drivers who flee the scene when someone is injured should get a custodial sentence.

Heal up soon.

Top Bottom