Roubaix - hit and run

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Get in touch with BC and have them assess the incident and review the video before doing anything else

Keep the taxi receipt, you can claim it back, but why didn't you call an ambulance?

GWS

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not surprised at the lack of people willing to give any help though

Doesn't surprise me. The two witnesses I have, one has responded to my solicitor but the other doesn't seem willing.

I've seen this a lot: driver ahead of me, waiting to turn left and join my stream of traffic decides to pull out in front of me rather than giving way. The combination of my emergency braking and his acceleration means no contact. However if the driver stopped during the turn, the outcome would have been different, and it would have the driver's fault.

Camera will make it clear what happened in this case.

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Things to do today:

1.Contact BC - speak to their legal team try to have someone asses the footage.
2. (Optionally) Attempt to contact the hit and run drivers insurance company.
3. write out a statement and take it along to the police station along with the camera footage.

Another thing is - I have a recording of the collision but not of him driving off. I dont have the contact details of any witnesses so it will become my word against his.
And since it is possibly a company car. It will probably be harder to prosecute as there will be a lot of hoops to jump through to find the driver. I dont have his face on camera either.

classic33

Leg End Member
Keep the origional from the camera. Let the police use a copy.

Vehicle owner has to say who was driving at the time. Get the log number from the police and contact the DVLA, for the owners details.

Last edited:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Another thing is - I have a recording of the collision but not of him driving off. I dont have the contact details of any witnesses so it will become my word against his.
And since it is possibly a company car. It will probably be harder to prosecute as there will be a lot of hoops to jump through to find the driver. I dont have his face on camera either.

Don't worry about those things at this stage.
Make sure the police are aware that you expect them to see this all the way through. Do not disclose to the driver or his insurer that you have video evidence, let alone the extent of it, until the bastard has lied to his insurer about what happened first and you have his account on paper.

GC

classic33

Leg End Member
Don't worry about those things at this stage.
Make sure the police are aware that you expect them to see this all the way through. Do not disclose to the driver or his insurer that you have video evidence, let alone the extent of it, until the bastard has lied to his insurer about what happened first and you have his account on paper.

GC
Chances are the police will say it was caught on camera though.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
And since it is possibly a company car. It will probably be harder to prosecute as there will be a lot of hoops to jump through to find the driver.
No it won't. If it is a company car then the company will have assigned it to a driver, and it will be in the company's interests to co-operate with their insurers and with the police.

vickster

Legendary Member
Get the lawyers to contact the insurers would be my advice. Once confirmed the driver was clearly at fault, not you

You have three years to start an injury claim, 6 years for damage to property, no immediate rush

jarlrmai

Veteran
No it won't. If it is a company car then the company will have assigned it to a driver, and it will be in the company's interests to co-operate with their insurers and with the police.
Not if he owns the company.

Top Bottom